Author Topic: Plomb pebble hand tools  (Read 779 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Plomb pebble hand tools
« on: September 30, 2023, 09:24:16 AM »
I have bought most every reasonably priced Plomb pebble wrench, ratchet, breaker bar that I ever encountered in my travels through flea markets, junk shops etc since the early 1980's. I  left behind for the next guy tools that I knew I already had one of so my Plomb tool pile while decent is modest in size and does not look like that of a hoarder.

Actually,  it has been a couple years since I bought any tools, including Plomb pebbles. I was nosing around evilbay this morning and sad to see how the price gougers have taken over Plomb pebble tools in particular.  I don't recall seeing any pebble tools that were not listed for stupid high prices.

It was very disappointing to see that.  Any old tools like Plomb pebbles that I bought, I actually bought to use. I know some consider many of these old brands as antique/collector tools. But to me, they are still just old tools that I put to use now and again.

For anyone that has Plomb pebble line wrenches, I worked for several years to assemble a complete set of those, but know there are still a couple of sizes I need to make a complete set. I don't recall off hand what those sizes even are anymore.  For anyone having extra or odd pebble Plomb line wrenches they might be interested in selling feel free to PM sizes and price. They might just be a size I need to complete my set.

The only point to my posting here was to comment on the insane high prices people are now putting on these old tools, and I suppose ramble on like some old duffers are prone to do!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Plomb pebble hand tools
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 11:27:07 AM »
Not just Plomb, but have you checked the prices being asked for US made Craftsman or Powr-Kraft? It’s insane what people are asking for this stuff, but more insane is that there are people paying that much for these tools.

It’s getting almost to the point where we were with Snap-On over a decade ago, when vintage SO stuff went stratospheric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: Plomb pebble hand tools
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 01:37:52 PM »
So true. There is sometimes better luck found with lesser known brands, but even that is no guarantee. Though, at this point like most here, with most basic needs more than met in SAE and Metric I am generally most interested in specialty tools, though I always seem to find things like 1/2 drive deep impact wobbles in SAE and Metric that I would probably still add if I could find for the right money but I don't see that happening with prices what they are now.

I cannot justify spending what it costs now to buy some of these specialty, or seldom used tools. Sadly the last couple of years infirmity has prevented me from using most of my tools anyway which has put a big damper on my desire to buy many tools anyway.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!