Author Topic: What did you eat today?  (Read 4796 times)

Offline DeadNutz

What did you eat today?
« on: March 23, 2019, 11:21:02 PM »
I miss the thread we had like this that we lost in the crash so I am starting a new one.
I felt like mex tonight so we went up to Carson City. We got carried away and started out with guacamole made at the tableside, then split a shrimp cocktail and I got 2 chile relleno and a shredded beef taco. I ended up only eating the huge taco and not even half of a chile relleno. I have lunch for the next 2 days as the relleno reheat very well.

Offline bonneyman

Re: What did you eat today?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »
We had Mexican chicken casserole. It's a recipe the wife got from one of her friends.
As a missionary in Africa, my wife and her colleagues had to come up with ways to make familiar foods with local ingredients.  As such, there was lots of sharing of recipes going on and lots of experimenting with what the grocery stores had. Most were casserole-type of meals, with a minimum number of simple ingredients.
The Mexican chicken casserole uses cream of chicken soup, green chili salsa, tortillas, and boiled chicken breast, topped with shredded cheese. One baking dish, 35 minutes in the oven. You can vary the heat of the salsa and the type of cheese to make the dish less boring. It's so easy even I can do it when I'm "bacheloring" it!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 12:02:35 AM »
Cheese, salami, almonds, cookies, chips, a ham and cheese sandwich, and too much mountain dew  ;D
I've always had a week appetite and a high metabolism so while you'd think I should be over weight with all the junk food I eat I'm skinny and always have been
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 12:07:51 AM »
Cheese, salami, almonds, cookies, chips, a ham and cheese sandwich, and too much mountain dew  ;D
I've always had a week appetite and a high metabolism so while you'd think I should be over weight with all the junk food I eat I'm skinny and always have been

Yeah, that's how I used to think!    Now I just smell food and gain a couple of pounds. :))

Offline ken w.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 09:01:26 PM »
I made a baked ham today. Sorry no pics.

Offline Rickster

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 09:27:01 AM »
Yesterday the kid found a new BBQ place in our little downtown area.  I've had a taste for ribs since moving here a couple of years ago.  We had found only one place before this and it was OK but a bit of a distance to travel. Anyways, the BBQ ribs were good!  Wife got a combo platter and I tried some of her brisket and it was good too!  My daughter in law got the BBQ chicken and we all tried some of that and it was really good!  We left there talking about what we were going to have next time! 

They had this communal tables set-up where there were several rows of 4 tables all together.  Wasn't sure about this at first but it worked out OK and everybody kinda grouped together in there own family groups. I asked if they a lunch menu, figuring we could stop back during the week with some of our neighborhood crowd, but only one menu.  Since the portions were quite large the wife figured we could split smething for lunch. Sound good to me!

Offline highland512

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 12:50:59 PM »
I bought a pellet smoker/grill back in January. I only gave $50 for it,  it was returned to the store because it “ didn’t work”. One $0.75 fuse later I am making beautiful meals like this.

St. Louis ribs and smoked beans total cook time of 4.5 hrs.

Online stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 02:42:23 PM »
I bought a pellet smoker/grill back in January. I only gave $50 for it,  it was returned to the store because it “ didn’t work”. One $0.75 fuse later I am making beautiful meals like this.

Yummy!  Using temp probes, the only way to do it.

I use http://amazingribs.com/ as my reference and subscribe to the Bible of Meathead!
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline highland512

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »

Yummy!  Using temp probes, the only way to do it.

I use http://amazingribs.com/ as my reference and subscribe to the Bible of Meathead!

So far my favorite cook was meatloaf, it came out perfect. Perfect crunch on the outside, juicy inside with perfect smoke taste.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 11:01:06 PM »
We went to our favorite restaurant The Country Club for the 3rd time in a month to get the fresh halibut again. The halibut is cooked perfectly and has a creamed spinach and mornay sauce. The halibut just melted in the mouth. It came with a tureen of steak and vegetable w/pasta shells soup, platter of salad with a chef made dressing that is out of this world, fresh bread, grilled veggies and scalloped potatoes. The waitress also got us an extra platter of salad to take home along with the rest of the soup in the tureen. Every night they have the halibut it has a different sauce and they all rock.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 11:56:38 PM »
Had a 3 meat treat from little Cesar's, and some special ice cream.

If you like mother's frosted circus animal cookies you need to go to your nearest Foodmax.
They have a mother's frosted circus animal cookie ice cream that's so good, this ice cream with the cookies In it is better than eating just the cookies.
The thing is It's only available under the Sunnyside brand which is the store brand for Foodmax, so I don't get it often because I don't normally shop at foodmax.
I don't know who makes it for them but if I had to venture a guess I'd say Crystal.
Always lookin' to learn

Online stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 07:25:08 AM »
We went to our favorite restaurant The Country Club for the 3rd time in a month to get the fresh halibut again. The halibut is cooked perfectly and has a creamed spinach and mornay sauce. The halibut just melted in the mouth. It came with a tureen of steak and vegetable w/pasta shells soup, platter of salad with a chef made dressing that is out of this world, fresh bread, grilled veggies and scalloped potatoes. The waitress also got us an extra platter of salad to take home along with the rest of the soup in the tureen. Every night they have the halibut it has a different sauce and they all rock.
I'll have what he's having!  :)
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline Rural53

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 02:24:08 AM »
Lunch today was pork cooked on the spit in the Weber at my cousin's husband's 65th birthday.

Last Friday night camping was porterhouse steak and packet pasta.

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk