Author Topic: 20th Century Nostradamus ?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: 20th Century Nostradamus ?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2024, 08:25:58 AM »
We have no one to blame but ourselves.

At one time I'd agree, but not anymore this is organized, and it is elitist drive top-down.

I agree it is elitist driven, but we keep electing the same fools year after year who allow the elitists power so we have some blame to bear as well

Absolutely Phil. We allow two corrupt private corporations (the DNC and RNC) to decide who runs for office. In reality they are two sides of the same coin with the exact same agenda. They just disguise their common agenda within their liberal or conservative talking points. Along the way they fool the American public into thinking there is a difference in their approach to responsible government. There isn't a difference because the RNC and DNC have the same goals --

We need a third party in this country. A party that doesn't have a private corporation as it's decision making entity. A party that chooses and supports candidates based on public trust versus corporate and institutional welfare.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2024, 09:22:43 AM »
We do need a third party, but I doubt I will see a third party candidate get elected as POTUS. Every time a third party has entered the picture in my lifetime it  almost always cost the Republicans and not the Democrats. The next election is going to be very critical and not one Republicans need to loose because of third party candidates being siphoned off.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2024, 09:26:37 AM »
Actually,  I think Democrats talk up third party a lot knowing history has shown that generally it is the Republicans have taken it in the shorts if enough folks are persuaded to vote for the 3rd party candidate.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2024, 07:06:04 PM »
We need 4 or 5 parties. The two party system has gotten us into this mess. You get two choices Red or Blue. making that choice is similiar to picking up the cleanest end of the turd. Adding one more party will only give the option of picking up the turd in the middle...

Since the Clinton era, I've been a devoted conservative republican. Then when Trump came on the scene I was astounded how much the Red team was against him, almost as bad as the Blue team. For 2 years they got nothing done. it was sickening.
Then my state senator, cornyn, voted for legislation promoting gun control, even thought the state party platform had several statements in it vowing absolutely no gun control measures. When I contacted the state Republican party offices on why he was not censured for voting against his constituents desires I was given a run around. When the annual fund raising campaign letter came, I sent back my torn off bumper sticker and told them to shove it.

I will no longer vote a party ticket. After the 2024 elections it may not be worth my time to vote at all.

This country seems to have forgotten that the politicians work for us, not the other way around. May be time to break out the tar and feathers.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2024, 03:53:39 PM »
So, the question on multiple parties is, how well does it work in the European nations that have multiple parties.

I just don't follow politics enough to know and I know darn little about European politics,

I like the idea of multiple parties but are the results any different?

I would be all for a more center party that catered to moderates on both sides, and realistically, there are more moderates then either extreme, so it could succeed.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2024, 05:19:55 PM »
So, the question on multiple parties is, how well does it work in the European nations that have multiple parties.

I just don't follow politics enough to know and I know darn little about European politics,

I like the idea of multiple parties but are the results any different?

I would be all for a more center party that catered to moderates on both sides, and realistically, there are more moderates then either extreme, so it could succeed.

Not sure either Phil. European parties as a group have sold out their constituents in favor of unelected EU government bureaucrat control in many matters of state. My hope is that we divorce ourselves of the "bought and payed for" DNC and RNC corporations, and put an end to their system of nominating corporate and globalist controlled candidates. That would be a start.