Author Topic: Anyone Familiar With the Marlin Camp 9 Carbine?  (Read 3473 times)

Offline wilbilt

Anyone Familiar With the Marlin Camp 9 Carbine?
« on: October 25, 2019, 07:04:35 PM »
My question relates to the last round hold open feature.

There is a small stamped sheet metal stop that pops up to hold the action open after the last round is fired from the magazine.

I had a problem with my rifle in that the breech stop and the breech block itself had worn to the point they would pass each other, preventing the breech from being held open after the last round.

It really doesn't seem like a problem, unless you consider that the breech can slam shut on a full mag due to a small jolt.

I replaced the sheet metal stop with one from from Numrich at an inflated price. They list a stripped breech block as well, at an unbelievable price. My cheap fix is working for now.

Is it possible to weld up the worn portion of the breech block and machine to fit?

It would amount to simply building up a corner and shaping it.

Offline ken w.

Re: Anyone Familiar With the Marlin Camp 9 Carbine?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 08:37:35 PM »
If Numrich is selling a new breech block , I would go that route. You may find one on Ebay. If you buy a used one it may be no better than the one you have now.

Offline wilbilt

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 10:07:27 PM »
If Numrich is selling a new breech block , I would go that route. You may find one on Ebay. If you buy a used one it may be no better than the one you have now.

The problem with Numrich is that they don't specify new or used, and you don't know what you've bought until it arrives.

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 05:36:06 AM »
This guy does that kind of repair.

http://www.restorativewelding.com/Welcome.html

I'd hate to see his cost.
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero