Author Topic: MIDWAY  (Read 2938 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

MIDWAY
« on: November 08, 2019, 09:38:51 AM »
Anyone planning to go see it ?
I bought opening day tickets yesterday for me and my dad to go see it this afternoon when I get off work.
Loved the late 70's original with Robert Redford, and hope this one lives up.
Now I don't really know if this one is exactly a remake of just another movie that happens to be about the battle of Midway, but I'll be walking in with high hopes.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

Re: MIDWAY
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 12:25:07 PM »
It's on my short list of gotta see full price movies!  ;D

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 01:24:56 PM »
I know what you mean, some I wanna see right away and some I'll wait and watch for cheap at the mall theatre that runs movies well after everyone else to get their moneys worth.

I do like waiting sometimes when it means you might be the only ones there and can screw around and talk all you want.
Me and my brother used to love the mall theatre because we could change seats during the movie or throw candy at each other and stuff.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 01:47:19 PM »
Thinking I want to see that on the big screen.  Our local place has cheap seats on Tues.  $7.  Likely will see it on a Tuesday with mama

Offline Rural53

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 04:58:38 PM »
I'm not seeing it advertised here in NZ yet. I'll keep an eye out.

Edit: Looks like it is being released here on 30 January. It will definitely be one to see on the big screen.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:51:41 PM by Rural53 »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 05:09:54 PM »
I know what you mean, some I wanna see right away and some I'll wait and watch for cheap at the mall theatre that runs movies well after everyone else to get their moneys worth.

I do like waiting sometimes when it means you might be the only ones there and can screw around and talk all you want.
Me and my brother used to love the mall theatre because we could change seats during the movie or throw candy at each other and stuff.

Normally the Mrs. and I wait till movies come out on video. When we have to take the inevitable bathroom break, or want to rewind and listen to something we missed, the home theater is just so much nicer. Though some movies like these we like sesing on the big screen.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 07:02:04 PM »
At lunch today one of our members, a former Navy F-4 Phantom pilot, saw the movie and said it was ok but it is all CGI generated planes and stuff.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 07:54:36 PM »
Such a great movie, and here they gave away a cool pin with your ticket.
Always lookin' to learn