Author Topic: My grandson's new toy...  (Read 262 times)

Offline oldcarguy

My grandson's new toy...
« on: February 28, 2024, 07:31:32 PM »
My grandson that works with me over the past ten years was infected with my defective gene alright. He's the one who helped rebuild the two Chevy 454 boat engines. And we did the body work on his red Ford F150 that I posted on the sight. Along with numerous other projects..

He showed up at my place yesterday with a new toy. A 1968 Ten HP Allis Chalmers B110 yard tractor. He needed to make a bracket for the three-point hitch. That would adapt to a rake.. Simple enough. Two pieces of 18” long bar stock welded to a piece of angle iron. And a few holes drilled. Along with a piece of chain. And an adapter to the tractor's manual lifting Mechanism. I had the two clevis pins and 3/4” bolt for the 2” receiver.. Couple hour job is all.. We had dinner first... 

Offline muddy

Re: My grandson's new toy...
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 07:00:25 PM »
Memories in the making, great little project.

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 07:57:23 PM »
cool tractos those almo chalmos!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 09:01:42 PM »
Damn lucky boy -- that's a killer project.  :clap:

Offline highland512

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 01:27:24 PM »
My grandad bought one of these brand new in the early 70's. He was nun to happy when my dad and uncle took it to the county fair and filled it full of aviation gas and removed the governor and entered it into the lawn and garden tractor pull. Somewhere there is a picture of dad pulling it with the front wheels about 24" off the ground.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 04:22:04 PM »
Boy I'll bet she ran to beat hell for one or two runs anyway. Not sure how pretty things would have been on the backside of that deal though!  :))
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 04:28:47 PM »
My grandad bought one of these brand new in the early 70's. He was nun to happy when my dad and uncle took it to the county fair and filled it full of aviation gas and removed the governor and entered it into the lawn and garden tractor pull. Somewhere there is a picture of dad pulling it with the front wheels about 24" off the ground.

LOL, that explains 🤣 why he did that! He didn't own it!  :38:
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline highland512

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 07:04:45 AM »
Actually still to this day it sits in my uncles barn and mows grass around the house and under trees. Original block is still powering it as well, the little thing just wont die.