Author Topic: Post up your Bonney tools!  (Read 29759 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: Post up your Bonney tools!
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2021, 06:32:31 PM »
Oooh, haven't seen too many 15/16"ers!  :bravo_2:

Offline john k

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2021, 07:39:58 PM »
Those top 3, including thr 15/16 I bought off a tool truck in the summer of 1972, so they like me, got a  lot of miles on them.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2021, 07:25:40 PM »
Here are some of mine. The lighting and reflections make them look rusty but they aren't. 1st pic the top 1" combo is a BONALOY marked cadmium plated.
2nd pic is all the NOS stock I have left. I have 2 dozen of the long beam 7/16 x 1/2 DBE left in that pile.

Offline john k

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2021, 10:26:36 PM »
Hm, your post didnt say anything about Bonalloy, or Bon-e-con,  this expands things,  a little bit anyway.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2021, 12:08:42 AM »
Hm, your post didnt say anything about Bonalloy, or Bon-e-con,  this expands things,  a little bit anyway.

That BONALOY is stamped Bonney on the other side. :)

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2021, 09:46:22 AM »

Yeah, post up any Bonney related tools!

Offline Snaparxon!

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2021, 05:50:17 PM »
Bought this today just for the emblem.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2021, 12:44:19 AM »
That would be hard to pass up grabbing and looks in pretty good shape.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »
Bought this today just for the emblem.

Don't look under that emblem because it might read "Made in China".    :a102:

I'm kidding, just kidding.    :lol_hitting:

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2021, 05:27:29 PM »
Found an internet copy of a 1960 Bonney catalog.

https://archive.org/details/BonneyToolsCatalog60/mode/2up

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2022, 10:04:56 PM »
Sockets and the Loc-Rite broaching.

These pictures clearly show the rounded profile of the Loc-Rite broaching in Bonney sockets. About the only complaint I have with these tools is the broaching doesn't go down the whole length of the deep sockets - they broached only the ends.

Ya, that would be a deal breaker for me for sure on deep socket users.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2022, 10:19:27 PM »
Here is a partial set of Bonney line wrenches (flare and box end) wrenches I picked up lately.  So far I haven't been able to pick up the missing wrenches, 13/16, 1 1/16 and 1 1/4".  Can anyone help?  I have needed this set for awhile, as I have aged the short flare wrenches are hard for me to turn on my larger equipment.

I have lusted after those long handle Bonney combo flare sets since the first time I saw a set hanging on the wall at the junkyard around 1982.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 08:42:44 PM by Uncle Buck »

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2022, 10:31:22 PM »
Bonney high polish chrome finish was equal to and possibly better than any other brand tool out there including SO in my opinion.

The high chrome wrenches are literally a thing  of beauty in my opinion.

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2022, 12:25:42 AM »
Here is a partial set of Bonney line wrenches (flare and box end) wrenches I picked up lately.  So far I haven't been able to pick up the missing wrenches, 13/16, 1 1/16 and 1 1/4".  Can anyone help?  I have needed this set for awhile, as I have aged the short flare wrenches are hard for me to turn on my larger equipment.

I have listed after those long handle Bonney combo flare sets since the first time I saw a set hanging on the wall at the junkyard around 1982.

Are you talking the flare end, box end version?

I realize others used the same thing.  Those open end, hex or as I remember them, K end ones remind me of the Kobalt branded ones from JH Williams around the time Lowes bought the Kobalt brand.
The satin finish Bonney's early in this remind me of Wrights.

I do miss the mini DBE wrenches.  Most of mine are long handled, I have one short set that I bought to keep in the Superbeetle though.  An old timer years ago, tried to talk me into buying a DBE and a DOE wrench set.  I already had some import (India I think) combo wrenches from Wards, where I needed two of the same size.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2022, 08:25:56 PM »

I have listed after those long handle Bonney combo flare sets since the first time I saw a set hanging on the wall at the junkyard around 1982.

Are you talking the flare end, box end version?

I realize others used the same thing.  Those open end, hex or as I remember them, K end ones remind me of the Kobalt branded ones from JH Williams around the time Lowes bought the Kobalt brand.
The satin finish Bonney's early in this remind me of Wrights.

I do miss the mini DBE wrenches.  Most of mine are long handled, I have one short set that I bought to keep in the Superbeetle though.  An old timer years ago, tried to talk me into buying a DBE and a DOE wrench set.  I already had some import (India I think) combo wrenches from Wards, where I needed two of the same size.

Yes, they are pattern wrench length box on one end, 12pt line on the other. I never could find a set I could afford though, always terribly expensive every time I found a set.