Author Topic: I gotta make me one of these!  (Read 2359 times)

Offline bonneyman

I gotta make me one of these!
« on: April 10, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
Just caught this restoration video of a wild lighter with a base made of bullet brass cases. I think I have a lighter like that. Gonna have to try and make a similar base. So cool!

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: I gotta make me one of these!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 08:09:09 PM »
Just caught this restoration video of a wild lighter with a base made of bullet brass cases. I think I have a lighter like that. Gonna have to try and make a similar base. So cool!

You got some empty bras and some links ?
You can generally get them from any surplus store , but from what I've seen you only get a few for a dollar.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 10:02:35 PM »

You got some empty bras and some links ?
You can generally get them from any surplus store , but from what I've seen you only get a few for a dollar.

:a102:    :))

Actually, I was thinking of using 40 S&W brass and epoxying them together. Would make the thing much smaller overall and it might actually be manageable.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:10:50 PM by bonneyman »

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 10:43:01 PM »
What about .22 mag ?
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pkerot

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 10:15:57 AM »
If you wanted to achieve the same results, would you use the same tools and processes?

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 10:41:54 AM »
I don't know. I'll have to write up a wish list of parts and see what I can find pre-made. Maybe something at the hardware store sold for a totally different purpose might be adapted for this use.

Offline pkerot

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 12:30:33 PM »
I think it would look good with the bullet tips in place

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 12:40:52 PM »
That one looks like a factory made table lighter with shell casings around the outside. Plenty of table lighters on ebay, or you could probably find one local at a flea or yard sale.

If you want to make something more practical, and way cooler, do a google image search for "trench art lighter" for inspiration.