Author Topic: Proto hand carry box  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Davethorik

Proto hand carry box
« on: September 12, 2020, 10:47:31 PM »
Responded to an ad for a nice Proto hand box on the newly combined letgo/offer up. Turns out the guy does estate cleanouts. Super cool dude, good contact. Ended up walking away with a bit more, although I did get the Proto box i originally went for.

Also got this very cool older Kennedy Bighorn box. It is small, 14" wide 6" deep and 6.25" tall. Maybe a tackle box? No key, sadly, but the whole thing is in good shape.

The Proto box is heavy, 26" wide. Good shape,  has tray, couple small dings. Proto logo is older, late 80s/early 90s.

Not clearly visible in the pic is the Dazor floating fixture lighting up the table. Has 1 bad bulb and the cord has some tape on it. Good shape aside from some scratches on the base.

Smalls:
-Craftsman 1/4 metal case (empty)
-Temco brass hammer
-P&C 3/8 speeder, looks unused
-Knipex West Germany Oetiker clamp pliers
-Harrolds 6" adjustable
-2 large nippers with replaceable cutters
-15 nos TRW hacksaw blades 12"

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Proto hand carry box
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 04:26:37 AM »
Nice haul.

That little Kennedy box is interesting for sure.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 11:42:02 AM »
Nice , that guy has a dangerous job thou. My house would be jammed packed if I did that as a job.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 12:59:21 PM »
I likey me some Knipex!!!!

I picked up that same set of Oetiker pliers on the cheap when the guy thought someone had repurposed them. They fit the Harley application I have poifectly!!!

Thats a nice grab you have there.

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 01:19:05 AM »
Thanks guys. Here are some better shots of the Kennedy. The latches are Corbin USA and havent found any markings on the center latch. I like it.

The speeder is my first P&C tool found in the wild. Not very common in Ohio. It looks unused.

Offline highland512

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 07:35:19 AM »
I didnt know Kennedy was based out of Van Wert, OH and still is to this day. Very cool.

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 05:27:54 AM »
I didnt know Kennedy was based out of Van Wert, OH and still is to this day. Very cool.

I forget when this happened, as of a few years ago Cornwell owns them. I know Kennedy made their boxes for a period of time prior to that.