Author Topic: Weaver Acra-Speed  (Read 2943 times)

Offline tbucit

Weaver Acra-Speed
« on: September 14, 2020, 02:27:55 PM »

Does anyone have a green Weaver Acra-Speed balancer? I an trying to determine what the large round decal has written in small print. From what I can tell it is different than the red ones.
Thanks for any info

Randall

Offline fatfillup

Re: Weaver Acra-Speed
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 04:37:13 PM »
Welcome, don't have that balancer but man that is cool!!!!

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 10:18:55 AM »
This is the same, or very similar:
David

Offline tbucit

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 11:46:43 AM »
Thank you so much those pictures give me about 90% of what I a looking for.   :)  It looks like there is some writing under the red outline WEAVER decal.  So I still need a clear shot that but this get me so much closer.

Thanks again

Randall

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 02:45:37 PM »
Does anyone have a green Weaver Acra-Speed balancer? I an trying to determine what the large round decal has written in small print. From what I can tell it is different than the red ones.

There are at least two Weaver versions of that label. Yours appears to be this, earlier??, DURO one.

Reason I say DURO is the earlier one is because the Walter Kidde version Dave posted can also be found with a newer looking Weaver sticker.

https://image.invaluable.com/housePhotos/CrawfordFamilyAuctions/86/640886/H19063-L165534534.jpg

The red ones I could find are all Pouell, Turner/Pouell or John Bean(FMC). Earlier ones are two patent later 3 patent. Might be some 2 patent plus pat pending ones too but I didn't find any.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/46/46/76/36df548523203f/US3164996.pdf

It looks like Pouell Mfg Co were the original manufacturer of these things and they got bought by FMC.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/acra-speed-bubble-wheel-balancer-gas-172513015

Offline tbucit

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 04:44:07 AM »
 :bravo_2: Dave and Matt just OUTSTANDING, I was hoping someone would come through but the two of you exceeded anything I could have hoped for.  Matt your answer was more of a history lesson and filled in the few blanks that Dave left open.

Matt, not sure if the one you pictured is yours or not but any chance you can see the very small writing at the bottom of the circle in the black at the white line?  Looks to say "MADE AND ...." is about all I can see. 

One last thing Matt if this is one you have in your possession does it have the chrome looking tag near the top with the fill level on it?  I would like to match it to the early DURO balancer sticker if I can.

Again my thanks to both of you guys for your help.  I am truly impressed.

Randall

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 09:01:25 PM »
See you did come to the right place. :93:
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?