Author Topic: The Quest for the perfect pocket screwdriver  (Read 1572 times)

Offline nelstomlinson

Re: The Quest for the perfect pocket screwdriver
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2024, 09:58:38 AM »
I don't think anyone mentioned the Wiha pocket drivers?
The knurled handle might be big enough to grip, for tiny stuff at least, and the 4mm bits store in the handle.
https://www.wihatools.com/products/sys-4-empty-aluminum-micro-bit-storage-handle?_pos=7&_psq=microbit&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2024, 12:55:31 AM »
Check this thing out.

I never knew AT&G made anything else but the 4 in 1 drivers that I have a pair of and I think this thing is cool, but apparently they're pretty uncommon and people tend to want $35+ for them on Ebay.
Always lookin' to learn

Online geneg

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2024, 11:05:55 AM »
I've had one since the early 90's.  Don't remember where it came from.  It and a Super Leatherman have been a snap top case in the console of whatever my daily driver has been.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2024, 11:29:43 AM »
I've had one since the early 90's.  Don't remember where it came from.  It and a Super Leatherman have been a snap top case in the console of whatever my daily driver has been.
Are the bits hard to get in and out ?
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2024, 12:20:33 PM »
Came across this SS beauty the other day. Nice and compact, all metal construction, designed and assembled in the USA.

https://kmotorperformance.com/shop/stainless-steel-pocket-screwdriver-with-magnet-clip-phillips-flat-k20-tools/

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2024, 04:47:45 PM »
I have seen those before, K20 also offers a skinny pen sized style.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline john k

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2024, 07:54:37 PM »
That folding T handle driver is a must have for me.  Working at a car dealership always had one in my pocket, great for under dash repairs, always had Philips 1-2-3s, + straight tip which saved a lot of running back to the tool box.  Found my first one marked Crescent, in a box next to the cash register in my local hardware.  It is my shop somewhere.

Offline nelstomlinson

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2024, 10:00:35 AM »
This bent shank type is great for sticking in a hip pocket. They used to come with computers we sold 30+ years ago, and everyone in the shop had a few. Can't find'em anywhere now.

Online geneg

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2024, 10:46:09 AM »
Bits are not hard to get out, but mine have detent balls in lieu of o-rings.  I got mine in S. Florida around 2000.  Either at Restoration hHardware or at Brookstone.  Both stores were newly opened on a project in W.P.B.  Now that you mentioned it, I wouldn't mind having the same setup in all of my vehicles.  Torx tips have also been useful.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2024, 10:26:10 PM »
Bits are not hard to get out, but mine have detent balls in lieu of o-rings.  I got mine in S. Florida around 2000.  Either at Restoration hHardware or at Brookstone.  Both stores were newly opened on a project in W.P.B.  Now that you mentioned it, I wouldn't mind having the same setup in all of my vehicles.  Torx tips have also been useful.
I wonder if that means AT&G never actually manufactured their own products ?

Btw I never knew Nite-ize made a mini pock-its, that's cool.
I have an original regular sized Pock-its that I carried at work up until a couple years ago when the velcro finally stopped holding and the things I was carrying just kind if changed.
My dad carried it when I was a kid and gave it to me when I was a teenager and he had stopped using it.

I wish they'd reintroduce the mini, but also use a snap instead of the velcro.
Always lookin' to learn

Online geneg

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2024, 07:30:51 AM »
Don't ever get started on the Nite-ize stuff.  I think I started out with a holder for my AA Maglight & then started using the stainless steel s hooks on my carryon, phone cases, etc.  I'd hate to know how much of their stuff I've bought.  The reason that the mini is in such good shape is that is is seldom carried, just used to keep in a vehicle.

My tee tool isn't AT&G from the comparison.  It has no markings.  I do now remember buying it at 1 of the 2 stores I mentioned earlier, but both are long gone.  If I found another, I'd buy 1 or more.