Author Topic: Tool Boxes - What do you have  (Read 36748 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Tool Boxes - What do you have
« on: August 14, 2018, 10:32:53 PM »
This set is my main box. I have a Craftsman stack I also use and various top boxes and chests and a couple bottoms. I suppose I should consolidate it all but it's sort of evolved into use and now it's what I'm used to. Anyway - here is my set.

Top box is a KRA586 from 74

Middle box is a KRA429B dated 77

Bottom box is a KRA377D dated 73 with the optional KRA433 three drawer set in the bottom section  and KRA412 shelf.

I have keyed the locks the same and this thing bears a lot of weight. it really is a testament to well designed and build boxes. The drawers are all on slides - no ball bearings on this and yet they are smooth.

Lets see your boxes
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Tool Boxes - What do you have
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 01:10:49 AM »
This is my main box, KR 655, 650 and I believe the side box is a KR 290.  Lots of room. 8)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:15:47 AM by Lookin4_67GalaxieConv »
boop/bop/beep

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 02:25:44 AM »
That is quite a nice set.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 06:34:04 AM »
Thank you.  I bought the top and bottom together for $750.  Later on I got the side box for $180 I think it was. 
boop/bop/beep

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 12:20:42 PM »
Just a classic setup and before boxes got insane expensive although in the day they were not cheap.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 06:52:29 PM »
Mid-80's 33" Craftsman Professional stack -- at the time it was called "Sears Best" in the catalog. This was a Waterloo sourced box.

The very common HF combo set -- early style with red krinkle finish

Traditional Craftsman stack with the deeper top and middle box combo (IIRC this stack is also Waterloo sourced)

Last is an import Excel box -- used for smaller body, paint, and sheet metal tools that sits right on the side of work bench.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:18:56 AM by goodfellow »

Offline BuckHenry

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 08:52:46 PM »
Do you have any more pics of that Craftsman professional stack? I've never seen that one before. In the mid 80s I would assume the quality was quite good.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 09:19:09 PM »
Sure BH -- here are some close-ups. BTW -- no ball bearing slides, only traditional friction slides with this combo set. 

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2018, 09:36:29 PM »
Those must be pretty rare.  In all my years hunting toolboxes I don't know I've seen any?!
boop/bop/beep

Offline BuckHenry

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 09:51:06 PM »
Gold drawer pulls and pinstriping! Your in high cotton there, GF.
 8)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 08:40:18 AM »
Those must be pretty rare.  In all my years hunting toolboxes I don't know I've seen any?!

Gold drawer pulls and pinstriping! Your in high cotton there, GF.
 8)

It wasn't a popular model because of the price. It also came in a black livery along with the red color that you see in the pic. At the time (early to mid 80's) it was the biggest box Sears sold and I also had a 33" MAC MB910 and MB920. When I got a job overseas at that time my company would only move one box; hence I had to sell one of the sets. I chose to keep the Craftsman because of the front cover on the top chest and the fact that it was a lot sturdier than the MACs.

lostmind

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 09:56:55 AM »
Here's mine.  1971 Mac , bought used in 1974. The side box is a Beach, bought new in 1985.

The Mac was stolen from where I worked and hit the road in a police chase when it fell out of the Jeep they stole to haul it.

It's been painted three times , the beach once.

I earned my living with these until 9 years ago. The craftsman roller was added in the 90's to use as a work cart.

Offline highland512

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 04:03:13 PM »
Still using the HF cabinet I bought like 8 or 10 years ago. Its not as nice as the newer ones at the buffet now but it has done good for me and I dont plan on replacing it until I wear it out or give it to the little guy in the picture.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 06:08:58 PM »
Here's all my rollers and some top boxes. Upper center of pictures are distorted for some reason.
Craftsman stack and I like the grip-lock drawers as you don't have to jerk open the drawers like the new ones I saw at Lowes.
Kennedy stack holds nothing but machinist tools.
First CM stack I ever bought, mid drawer unit came out of wife's shop.
MAC MB75 that I still have to do some work on.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 06:10:32 PM »
MAC MB65 that will go on the 75 and an older Husky top box that came out of wife's shop.
MBC that I bought last month.
SnapOn KR-557A dated 1976 I bought last year with the 3 shelf end box. Still have to give the slides some attention.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 06:11:17 PM »
Power-Kraft roller I pulled out of the scrap trailer at my sister's ranch.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 06:59:53 PM »
Holy smokers you've got a lot of boxes.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 07:27:38 PM »
Holy smokers you've got a lot of boxes.
I just can't pass up the old boxes when the price is right. They keep telling us diversity is a good thing so I practice it with boxes. ;)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »
Nothing wrong with some brand mixing. Few of us have only one brand of tools why have only one brand of box.

Offline Cruiser808

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2018, 03:16:55 PM »
My favorite top box from my early wrenching days. My first tools were Blackhawks. I still remember my friend who was a professional mechanic and had tons of Snap-on tools tell me, if you can’t afford Snap-on (I couldn’t) don’t buy Craftsman. Spend a little more and buy Blackhawk.

Well, I bought some of both as my pocketbook would allow and have been happy ever since. Still using my Old Blackhawk 3/8 set as well as my old Craftsman tools. Used them to change out the wife’s brakes last week. The old tools are metric because I drove an old Toyota Hilux truck. It was the cheapest truck I could afford, but it was oh so reliable and prompted me to buy my 1981 Landcruiser that is still my daily driver.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2018, 03:52:21 PM »
Power-Kraft roller I pulled out of the scrap trailer at my sister's ranch.

Sweet old Remline!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

• Ran when parked
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2018, 04:51:47 PM »
C'mon, Cruiser, we need a good picture of that whole stack!
boop/bop/beep

Snaparxon

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2018, 02:39:34 PM »
My work boxes

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2018, 02:46:58 PM »
Wow quite nice. Looks like a lot of storage.

Snaparxon

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2018, 02:54:10 PM »
I do finally have a few empty drawers to fill. ;D

I picked up the top box on New Years Day and the MAC side box a couple months ago. Tough to retrain my brain where stuff is now. Really throws my son off when he needs something ;D

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2018, 03:08:11 PM »
I doubt those drawers will stay empty long.

The contents of tool boxes, aquariums and safes always seem to grow to fill the available space.

Offline john k

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2018, 01:47:13 AM »
My Snapon set on the day I brought them home from the shop.  Retired from 25 years in a Chrysler/Jeep stoire.  Bought them used 24 years before. 

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2018, 09:41:16 AM »
My Snapon set on the day I brought them home from the shop.  Retired from 25 years in a Chrysler/Jeep stoire.  Bought them used 24 years before.

About time you showed up!  :)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2018, 12:34:36 PM »

About time you showed up!  :)

I have to jump on that bandwagon - glad you're here.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2018, 12:30:28 PM »
here is my main box setup.  one of the early hf 40 inch boxes and a side cabinet.

both have the crinkle finish. that is ok as my montezuma crossover also has a similar crinkle finish, the pry bar rack is a homebrew i made.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 01:27:04 PM »
I really like that prybar rack. Was that just angle that you drilled holes in then mounted? I like the fact that it holds as many as it does.

Offline BuckHenry

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 09:26:35 PM »
You have good taste in ratchets SK. 8)

• Ran when parked
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 12:48:10 AM »
Here's one of mine, Snap On KR 637, currently residing on top of a taco box.  I really like these boxes, though for some reason, the 537s and the 637s always had problems with the hinge holding up the lid.
boop/bop/beep

Offline john k

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 02:12:38 PM »
Mine failed too, too flimsy of a support.  I like my box, like the roller slides, but sure wish the drawers were deeper so I could use my wrench racks. 

• Ran when parked
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2018, 10:42:31 PM »
John, I can barely pick that thing up to move it.  If those drawers were deeper, forget it!    :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline AnsonJ

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2018, 11:20:10 PM »
Toolboxes you say?

I don't have the cool rollaway sets that are mentioned here, the closest I have is the 100 dollar Craftsman cheapo rollaway that I bought new in 1994.  but I have a good selection of hand boxes :)

First up, the Craftsman rollaway mentioned above.  this toolbox holds all of my sockets, pliers, screwdrivers, misc tools and small socket sets/ tool sets including taps and dies.  pretty much general tool box. 

When we moved to Indiana 10 years ago, I had to downsize from a 4 bedroom house and garage to a two bedroom apartment with no garage, so I put the bottom half of the above rollaway into storage and bought this next toolbox to hold all of my wrenches to take up the slack and kept this and the top half as my tool box in the second bedroom of the apartment.  when we bought our house, i put the rollaway back together and rethought my storage setup and kept this box for the wrenches.  SAE in top drawer, metric in middle and stubby (metric and sae) in bottom drawer plus misc storage in the top.

Next, my workmans choice toolbox.  I got this at HS graduation in 1989.   This box has most of my general carpentry tools in it, combination squares, plumb bobs, nail finishing sets, 25' tape measure, chalk line, tbevel etc..  This box is a rather large hand tool box.  about 20" wide.

The next one my Father in Law gave me about 8 years ago.  he had no need for it and asked if I wanted it (yes, duh!)  it is a stackable plastic roll away and each of the three sections latch together to make one unit.  this box is made by Benchtop, and I keep all of my car A/C equipment in that one.  a/c line disconnect tools, manifold gauge set, thermometer, orifice tube puller, a/c system flush kit and a few extra o-rings and other misc parts and tools for a/c repair. 

The next one is a medium sized hand box that I got for Christmas from my Grandpa several years ago.  it is a valvoline racing box, and I keep all of my plumbing tools in there.  faucet wrenches, pipe cutter, plumbers putty and pvc cement, solder and flux paste etc.

The next box is an old craftsman that my Dad gave to me as a young teenager and was one of two that he gave me, and my first real tool box.  he used it for his linesman tools when he worked for the telephone company in the late 60s/ early 70s.  it has on the inside lid a list of cities that he worked in before I was born... I use this box for my electrical stuff.  wire nuts, extra outlets, wire strippers and wire cutters etc.

Next up, the top half of a rollaway box that a coworker found in her shed when she bought her house.  it was rusty, beat to crap and she wanted it out.  I had a friend that had access to sandblasting and powdercoat painting booths repaint the drawers for it and the hardware, I sanded down the main case and spray painted it.  the original color was red all over, but we decided to go black drawers and accents.  I gave the bottom section to my friend, as I was moving to Indiana from IL and really had no place to put it at the time, and the bottom section was in really rough shape.  This was 10 years ago, I think he still has it sitting in his garage untouched.... the drawers were already done tho.. *side note:  can any of you experts identify the company that made it?*  I use this for storing my hammers, tin snips, table and circular saw blades and drill bits, plus one of the drawers is for all of my tool owners manuals and then just miscellaneous stuff.

The next one is a plastic Stack-on that I got last year to store all of my flooring tools in.  (re did the floors downstairs... ceramic tile in the kitchen/ utility room and half bath and laminate in the livingroom/ dining room)  this has all of the tools for both types of flooring, trowels, blocks and spacers etc

The next one I inherited from my Grandpa when he passed away.  This has all of  his body and fender tools in it, slide hammer, dollie sets and finishing hammer sets, pliers etc. all are in new condition.  used them to tap out a ding in my Ranger. 

The next one I inherited from my other Grandpa.  My dad gave him this and all of the tools in it for Christmas before he went into the Army in 1965.  it is largely all Craftsman sockets/ wrenches and pretty much everything you need to work on that era of a car.  all in really good shape.  it has a few other extras than what came with the socket and wrench set.  For the most part, I do not use these tools, as they were Grandpas main tool set and for the most part I have my own corresponding tools with the exception of the ignition wrench set.

got this one for Christmas when I was in High School along with a new Craftsman 3/8" drill that I used this box for.  it also has a Craftsman rotary tool that I bought a year or two later, plus bits for both and jigsaw blades for my jigsaw that I got from my Grandpa.

small 16" stack-on.  used for paint brushes and painting equipment (in addition to a rubbermaid tote for the bigger painting stuff...)

This is the other box that my Dad gave me when I was a teenager it is an HWI box.  he used this as his main toolbox until he got a new Rubbermaid plastic box to replace it. (I also got the same box for Christmas, and that was my favorite box until I broke one of the clasps...) I use this one to store extra bicycle parts in.

This Waterloo box is identical to my Craftsman box for my drill and rotary tool, this was a freebie from a friend.  it has extra car parts and hardware from the last 5 cars that I have owned lol

This one was a Facebook or Craigslist find... Craftsman 3 drawer steel box with crinkle paint.  picked it up for 15 bucks last year, have not decided on what to do with it yet, so it sits empty.  may rethink my storage strategy.

Misc Ammo boxes:

Not pictured: 
large 48" wooden ammo box that I bought for 10 bucks in High School (it is burried in the bottom shelf of one of the workbenches)I keep my large pipe wrenches  and similar size tools in this.
Craftsman plastic toolbox that I use for the Pull -A- Part (currently in the trunk of my car and I am too lazy to go out and get it, but it looks very similar to the three drawer plastic craftsman box that I keep my wrenches in, just no drawers and it has small compartments in the lid.

Anson
"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!"

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2018, 11:36:13 PM »
Holey smokes you have almost as many boxes as brslk has shoes.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 12:18:36 AM »
Hey Ansonj, I used to have that same exact Bench top box as a kid.
I first used it to hold all my GI Joe's, then as my toolbox as a teenager, and eventually gave it to my dad who has it in his kitchen with his house tools in it.
The drawers sucked, but the extension cord roll was handy and overall it's actually a good setup.
The idea is nice but the exicution just isn't great or at least it wasn't on mine.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline AnsonJ

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2018, 01:07:02 AM »
hickory, I agree, the drawers on that box are horribly designed as is the tilt out larger portion on the bottom.  but it works great for my a/c tools as i don't have to get into it very often.  i also would be wary of putting anything heavy in it.  the vacuum pump that i have would probably break it lol so it goes in a cabinet

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!"

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2018, 05:51:52 PM »
I've got some other boxes around, but here's what's in the garage.

This is my main box and was my grandfather's , it's a 1974 dated Waterloo / Dayton electric.

I've got two of these which my grandfather got from a friend who owned a Shell station in the 70's, this was his and has automotive books in it, the other had a quick spray across the front and was my grandmother's. She kept screws , drawer handles, and other various household hardware In it.

This I really just use as a step stool, but it does have a bit of junk in it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 05:53:36 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 06:07:49 PM »
Here are my 2 most recent acquisitions.

Snap-on K-11 Master Handikit, made by Duplex (cantilever). I think this is wartime? Nice original paint under lid.

Kennedy 220R- I think. The p/o of this box said it was given to him in the 70s and it was a factory 2nd, it looks to be original. Lower drawer is lighter red. There isn't a Kennedy sticker in the drawers nor is the script on the lid, but has 2 new looking Kennedy keys. And those aluminum extrusion pulls screams 'Kennedy!'
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:09:27 PM by Davethorik »

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 07:56:43 PM »

Snap-on K-11 Master Handikit, made by Duplex (cantilever). I think this is wartime? Nice original paint under lid.

Kennedy 220R- I think. The p/o of this box said it was given to him in the 70s and it was a factory 2nd, it looks to be original. Lower drawer is lighter red. There isn't a Kennedy sticker in the drawers nor is the script on the lid, but has 2 new looking Kennedy keys. And those aluminum extrusion pulls screams 'Kennedy!'
Damn, are you sure that Kennedy box didn't leave the factory this morning ?
Awesome scores.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 08:41:57 PM »
The Snap-on Handikit is quite a find.

Are you going to use it?

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2018, 08:05:59 AM »
The guy that owned the Kennedy had a bunch of high end bicycles in his garage and used the Kennedy to hold parts.

And the Snap-on, well I plan to use it for storage.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2018, 11:13:16 AM »
Good to hear it will be used.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2018, 02:46:33 PM »

Very nice, both boxes!
boop/bop/beep

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2018, 02:55:31 PM »
Anyone have any idea who made the portaliner cabinet I posted ?
And what what The bear means ?
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2018, 03:56:08 PM »

All I can tell you is that bear image was the trademark image for Bear wheel alignment systems used in front end alignment shops for decades. No clue if they are still in business but when I was a kid you saw the image of that Bear over auto shops all over.

Given the name portaliner I would assume that case was supposed to hold all the Bear gear to use it portable perhaps. No clue who made the box though but that thing was absolutely used for Bear alignment gear stowage.

Read about the company here: http://www.roadarch.com/signs/bear.html

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:58:45 PM by Uncle Buck »

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2018, 04:18:23 PM »
Bear is still around I believe and they do indeed make alignment equipment. The Potaliner cabinet is for some of the specialized stuff used in alignments. I believe it predates the four wheel alignment machines  and was just for front wheel servive.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2018, 04:19:11 PM »

All I can tell you is that bear image was the trademark image for Bear wheel alignment systems used in front end alignment shops for decades. No clue if they are still in business but when I was a kid you saw the image of that Bear over auto shops all over.

Given the name portaliner I would assume that case was supposed to hold all the Bear gear to use it portable perhaps. No clue who made the box though but that thing was absolutely used for Bear alignment gear stowage.

Read about the company here: http://www.roadarch.com/signs/bear.html
Thanks for the info on the Bear .
After a quick Google search I've found that these cabinets would have been stocked with Alignment tools, all of which were blue in color.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »
Good to hear it will be used.

Oh yes I have a lot of tools but not enough storage. Not sure what's going in Snap-on box yet but I had a duplex previously, gave it to my mom bc she was in love with it and needed a hand box. I wanted another since, so score!

The Kennedy is getting my overflow machinist tools in it.

Offline muddy

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2018, 07:35:59 PM »
Here's my setup at work.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »
I like those small Waterloo top boxes Tim. I have a twin to that one myself.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2018, 10:32:45 PM »
I like that box too, it seems like basically a different version of my '74 produced Dayton electric badged box.

How is it compared to a more conventional box like mine with the locking bars in the top ?
With mine I removed the locking bars so I can open the drawers without having to open the top or leave it open so my tools get dusty...ect
It got annoying having to remember to pull the drawers out a little bit so they wouldn't lock on me.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2018, 08:54:54 PM »
I could use a bigger box on top, everything is getting a little cramped and cluttered.

Something like this...

Offline muddy

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2018, 08:55:39 PM »
I like that box too, it seems like basically a different version of my '74 produced Dayton electric badged box.

How is it compared to a more conventional box like mine with the locking bars in the top ?
With mine I removed the locking bars so I can open the drawers without having to open the top or leave it open so my tools get dusty...ect
It got annoying having to remember to pull the drawers out a little bit so they wouldn't lock on me.
This one the whole front fold down to cover the drawers

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »

This one the whole front fold down to cover the drawers

That's what I figured.
I was wondering how you like it this way over a box such as mine.
Of course the drawers don't lock so you don't have to worry about that, but you would also have to lift the front to open a drawer if you don't want to keep the top open.

I think if the locking bars on mine could not be disconnected then I'd rather have your box and just lift the front every time, I really could not get over dealing with the drawers locking on me.
I'd inevitably close a drawer all the way which would end up locking when I opened the top, then I'd go to open that drawer which would be locked.
Of course then I'd have to make sure every drawer was closed only about 90% so , and it would still end up happening again.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2018, 06:14:49 AM »
I'm always in the top so it doesn't really matter to me.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2018, 08:12:17 AM »
if i worked in a shop and locked my tools every day i would be all over  a box like that muddy. a few drawers for storage and small hutch on top for chargers and frequently used cordless tools  and air tools.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2018, 08:37:00 AM »
Here's my setup at work.

Love it -- "workin' man's" box. Great setup Tim.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2018, 08:42:17 AM »
I could use a bigger box on top, everything is getting a little cramped and cluttered.

Something like this...

Wait until mid-October on Craftsman. Just read on Yahoo that SB&D will release new Craftsman box models and designs for the Holiday shopping season. I also read that they expect to make 30% of Craftsman tools in the US this year and that they expect to increase that number to 50% within the next two years.

Seems like the president of SB&D kept his word when he promised to bring much of the brand back to the US when they first publicized the purchase of the brand from Sears.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2018, 10:03:25 AM »

Wait until mid-October on Craftsman. Just read on Yahoo that SB&D will release new Craftsman box models and designs for the Holiday shopping season. I also read that they expect to make 30% of Craftsman tools in the US this year and that they expect to increase that number to 50% within the next two years.

Seems like the president of SB&D kept his word when he promised to bring much of the brand back to the US when they first publicized the purchase of the brand from Sears.
[/quote]
I hope the new CM boxes will be better than the new ones I saw at Lowes a month or so ago. The stacks were not very stout and you had to jerk the drawers to get them to open.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2018, 10:24:04 AM »

I hope the new CM boxes will be better than the new ones I saw at Lowes a month or so ago. The stacks were not very stout and you had to jerk the drawers to get them to open.
[/quote]

I did not even need to touch the ones I saw at Lowes to know they were not too keen. Poorly designed, and nothing I would look at twice.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2018, 09:40:09 PM »
The work sets home, shop, and work
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2018, 08:53:25 AM »
Sweet stuff there Jab!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2018, 10:41:03 AM »
Very nice setup there jabber. I really like the Beverly shear on that stand and the puller cabinet hanging on the wall. I bet there is some nice stuff in the refrigerator also. Which sees the most use? 8)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2018, 11:37:51 AM »
Quite the setupup you have Mr Jab. Most impressive.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2018, 01:07:12 PM »
Very nice setup there jabber. I really like the Beverly shear on that stand and the puller cabinet hanging on the wall. I bet there is some nice stuff in the refrigerator also. Which sees the most use? 8)

I would just about give my eye teeth for a puller cabinet like that one! I do have a home made poor boys excuse for a puller cabinet, but not a fancy number like that one!

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2018, 01:38:32 PM »

I would just about give my eye teeth for a puller cabinet like that one! I do have a home made poor boys excuse for a puller cabinet, but not a fancy number like that one!

That looks like a body tool cabinet.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2018, 07:49:11 PM »
Yep it a body tool cabinet and here`s the other wall mounts.
I`m just in need of one more box , a 33 inch Wright middle box and im done.
Just waiting on Galaxie to pull his finger out and find me one.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »

These days, the fridge. :-[

Offline ScoutDriver

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2018, 07:53:52 PM »
Lovin' the body tools and their cabinet!!

Scott

Offline slip knot

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »
Damn nice setup you got there Jabber.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2018, 08:34:27 PM »

I love that ol Snappy box, very cool.

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2018, 05:52:00 PM »

My main working boxes

My Gerstners surrounding my Grandfathers Kennedy, on a newer riser.

And the annex, where I keep the vintage stuff. The Plomb is sitting on a Pressteel roller and the Snap-on is due to be replaced with a KR377 I am working on. You can see the drawers sitting on top.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2018, 07:30:53 PM »
Mmmm I`m loving that cornie roller, my fav vintage style.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2018, 07:32:55 PM »
Nice collection of vintage boxes. I can't even tell on the Gerstners which drawer you made to repair the box.

Offline zktk01

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2018, 10:16:49 PM »
I bought two gerstners today and a Kennedy 526 11 drawer.

I will post pics of the gerstners should be coming in this week.

A pic of my snap on with Kennedey on top.
A home made bench I made just finally got to putting drawer fronts on
A Milwaukee Box
and my first box a Kobalt
Probably going to add a General 44 bottom so I can clear the clutter of my work bench
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:28:57 PM by zktk01 »