Author Topic: Plomb 4749  (Read 9928 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: Plomb 4749
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 04:37:51 PM »
In some ways it does. It's almost like a 5.

At Long Beach swap and Pomona swap run of the mill examples sell for 15-20 so you got a very good deal on that in my eyes.

Given they were made local to here you'd think someone who worked in the factories wold still be around to ask some of these questions but I've never met anyone.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 05:02:21 PM »
I had noticed about $20-25 on eBay but they were usually not in the best shape. I'm happy with it, especially since Plomb is scarce here in Ohio.

I also won another auction for a NOS Plomb keychain screwdriver in much the same manner. It was listed as Plumb, grainy low-res pix. It is the black oxided finish, and the rear side is blank. That one was a straight auction, found right after listing and starting bid $9. I bid $10, waited 7 days, and no other bidders so I won.

There are a number of legit complaints about ebay but it's fun if you are patient.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2018, 06:29:11 PM »
You did well on the keychain screwdriver.

I gave up ebay some years back because I had some issues but not everything they do is bad and there have been things I've found I'd otherwise never been able to get. Swimming against the current, as usual, I have actually been contemplating going back.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.