Author Topic: Now THIS is a prybar -- LOL  (Read 8245 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Now THIS is a prybar -- LOL
« on: August 14, 2018, 08:02:18 PM »
I had totally forgotten that I ordered this 62" pry bar some years ago. Zoro/Grainger ran a special on these Mayhew bars for the amazing sum of $26 delivered, but when I ordered the bar through Paypal, I received a notice that it was on back order. I assumed the deal was done and I had been too late to get the deal. Usually Zoro doesn't charge the Paypal account until they order is processed, yet the order had been languishing in my Paypal account for quite a long time.

Last week it showed up in huge mailer tube -- it was leaning against my garage when I came home. I lucked out -- thanks Zoro!!! This thing will move anything --  thumbsup2

You can literally move a mountain with this thing --

For once I lucked out --  ;)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Now THIS is a prybar -- LOL
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 10:02:41 AM »
Ray, I checked on Zoro and they had this bar made in India for about the same money. 

https://www.zoro.com/true-temper-pinch-bars-pinch-point-bar-60-in-l-1174300/i/G5306025/#specifications

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 10:12:22 AM »
The price is right on that one Phil -- as far the difference between Mayhew and the Indian version, I doubt there is much differnce, but given the choice I'd buy Mayhew; even at a premium. I use this bar a lot to move my mid-rise lift sideways in my garage. It make the job a breeze.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 07:45:16 AM »
Oh I bet there is a big difference on the quality though I agree the price isn't bad.