Author Topic: Walden 3150M  (Read 12463 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Walden 3150M
« on: February 24, 2019, 12:41:30 PM »
There's one available for $18 with free shipping and it looks like a nice super low profile little 1/4 Dr ratchet, but the seller states that it does work but recommends a rebuild kit.

Is it worth a gamble at this price on the chance it really just needs a good cleaning and lubrication, and if it would need a rebulid kit are these common enough that a kit could be found ?
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Davethorik

Re: Walden 3150M
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
I would say pass. That is kind of pricy for a used ratchet needing rebuilt.

Online J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 01:48:02 PM »
I agree.

Parts are not likely easy to find so don't spend more than you're willing to gamble.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 02:16:22 PM »
Not likely to find a rebuild kit for any Walden ratchet.  Based on the fact I have never seen any offered on e-bay.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 02:17:30 PM »
Alright, I'll pass. It's listed as " as is" with no offer available which means the seller thinks they've got it priced accordingly and there's no chance in talking the price down.
It's a cool little ratchet too, maybe I'll start actively looking for one

I guess if I was comfortable with the price I wouldn't have asked. 

Always lookin' to learn

Offline ken w.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 04:07:33 PM »
I'm the guy who buys any ratchet rebuild kits that are cheap or hard to find. I've never come across a rebuild kit for this ratchet. I also think you could pick up one of these ratchets that's in good working condition for  @ $ 15.00.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 04:32:57 PM »
Thanks for the info about the rebuild kit.

This is what I'm talking about btw

I only post this because a different Walden ratchet comes up in my Google search .
Always lookin' to learn

Online J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 05:14:31 PM »
Pretty cool looking little item. I'd be tempted as well but then I have a small collection of ratchets.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 08:59:52 PM »
Pretty cool looking little item. I'd be tempted as well but then I have a small collection of ratchets.
It's a really thin ratchet too.

Oh well, I just scored a Walden 1151for $20 shipped, has a bit of chrome peel but is said to work fine 
Man Walden made some cool ratchets, especially the 1151 that looks real purdy and the head on it is so small.
I'm still planning to just find a few favorite ratchets for various situations in 1/4 and 3/8, but I can already see how easy it is to start collecting them .
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 09:13:49 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »
It's a really thin ratchet too.

Oh well, I just scored a Walden 1151for $20 shipped, has a bit of.chrome peep but is said to work fine 
Man Walden made some cool ratchets, especially the 1151 that looks real purdy and the head on it is so small.
I'm still planning to just find a few favorite ratchets for various situations in 1/4 and 3/8, but I can already see how easy it is to start collecting them .
Damn it, I just realized the 1151 is a 1/2dr ratchet.
There was little info in the listing and it had popped up in my search of 1/4" ratchets so I didn't think to much about it.
I guess I can always trade it for something I have more need for.
Always lookin' to learn

Online J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 09:54:05 PM »
[snip] but I can already see how easy it is to start collecting them .

Easier to start than to stop.

Offline highland512

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 10:16:21 PM »
Do you buy all your tools off eBay? I have bought a few from the bay but from my experience your money is better spent elsewhere. Sometimes you find a deal but most of the time sellers demand a premium.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 10:27:03 PM »
Do you buy all your tools off eBay? I have bought a few from the bay but from my experience your money is better spent elsewhere. Sometimes you find a deal but most of the time sellers demand a premium.
The only place around me that I know of where old tools can be found ( besides the occasional random tool at Goodwill ) is the nearest flea market in the next town over but the tools always sell early and I work weekends.
I don't like having to get all my stuff off eBay, but it's my only option at the moment.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »

Want to stop? Put your wife in charge of the tool fund!  :))

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 10:30:31 PM »

Tell me about it.

At first I didn't mind as I was filling my arsenal with tools I needed to have around, but now I'm mostly past that and really need to cool it on tools I can really live without.
I guess if I log out of eBay I'll have time to stop myself before I log back in  :)
Always lookin' to learn