Author Topic: Cat hydraulic wrench  (Read 14571 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Cat hydraulic wrench
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2018, 10:30:15 AM »
I must have missed this the first time through.  I assume you made this during the week you worked for Caesar?

Using the wear plate was smart.  When I first saw the design, I was wondering what you were going to use to make the hook.

Well done

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 10:15:51 PM »
From experience with the crew there I know abuse, huge cheater pipes and misuse are going to be regular.

And they are friends.  No half assed shit is acceptable.  Then I have to work with what is in the shop (thankfully he has tons of crap everywhere) to make a tool that HAS to support three men on a 10' cheater pipe of 4" heavy iron...

I went straight for the biggest stuff there.  Cardboard CAD can make the form but materials are very critical.  I had only experience to go on.  Make it too big.  Lol!

Overkill saves life and limb in dangerous sports like heavy equiptment repair.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 11:41:32 PM »
How often will it see use do you think?
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2018, 12:27:23 AM »
I honestly cannot guess but it will be several times a month.  Cat backhoes are quite popular now.

Imagine hucking that around in a mobile kit. 

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2018, 02:01:02 AM »

...   Imagine hucking that around in a mobile kit. 

I imagine it's not the most portable piece.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.