Author Topic: As if I need more...  (Read 15245 times)

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
Re: As if I need more...
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 12:47:00 AM »
A good drive will get you wanting to drive it more.  I'd love to see more photos of it.

Here's mine...

Offline nonhog

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 02:03:31 AM »
A good drive will get you wanting to drive it more.  I'd love to see more photos of it.

Here's mine...
B e a ute iful!
So is the yard full of Cutli.

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 01:41:19 PM »

Here's mine...
B e a ute iful!
So is the yard full of Cutli.

None in the yard, but the shop is!  Currently the 1970, 1971 and 1972...the '72 will be going to it's new home probably the same day the new 1970 comes home hopefully in a week or two...so the count will stay at three.  Those things take up some room!!!

Debating the fate of the new one, leaning towards parting it out.

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 08:53:32 PM »
We'll need pics and a writeup if you get it!  :))

I guess I'm at the "you need pics and a writeup" stage now.  Brought it home today and my tan '72 went to it's new home.  As I still technically own the tan car (I'm holding the papers and still have a two thirds interest in it until he slides me the rest of the greenbacks) here's a photo of my four cutlii.  In the foreground is the '72.  Top of the lift is the grey '70 that's getting the 455, etc.  Under the lift is the new to me '70 parts donor. To the left is my '71 driver.

More photos later on, but my quandry is now the ultimate disposition of the new one.  Pulling parts from it, but I have other parts I "could" replace them with to keep it a roller.  It needs a complete brake system replacement but runs well and shifts fine.  Lots of rust.  Financially doesn't make sense for someone to restore it, but that doesn't stop some people from doing it anyhow.  Just never feels good parting out a running car even if it's a bucket.

Any how, there you have it.  Full cycle as predicted.  On the bright side, this was the first time in years where it's been "one in, one out" and I currently have the lowest number project/parts cars on hand than at any point in the past many many years!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 02:14:28 PM »
Financially doesn't make sense for someone to restore it, but that doesn't stop some people from doing it anyhow.  Just never feels good parting out a running car even if it's a bucket.

Part it out, the money in your pocket will overcome the bad feelings :))

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 08:47:33 PM »
Financially doesn't make sense for someone to restore it, but that doesn't stop some people from doing it anyhow.  Just never feels good parting out a running car even if it's a bucket.

Part it out, the money in your pocket will overcome the bad feelings :))

True enough, Phil :-D  My car hobby is supported completely by doing that, mostly with VW parts through the years.  I'll have to post up some photos of my extensive parts piles sometime.

I'll probably make the decision before long...especially if my potential buyer makes me a worthwhile offer for it after I pull the parts I really want from it.