Author Topic: Great day!!  (Read 6802 times)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Great day!!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 10:27:52 PM »
Are you getting nervous when you hear police sirens?  Because you stole that stuff!   :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2019, 10:29:15 PM »
Sweet buys

When Elroy first said the grinders looked Baldorish, I was skeptical but upon closer inspection, they may very well be. Or the might be Winsotas (or something like that, Baldor clones but great grinders)

Wissota, I believe.  I've seen some in ads but haven't snagged any yet.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2019, 08:24:28 AM »
Based on looking at pics online, I think Elroy is right, these are Baldors. The base for Wissota grinders looks different. And the eye shield are dead ringers for those on Baldor 1/3 hp units.

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2019, 05:28:40 PM »
Took a closer look at the grinders. I think my powers of observation are slipping  :-[

The cleaner of the 2 had a recent partial repaint, the original center band was left with original paint, and basically everything cast iron was repainted. The color isn't original.
This grinder also has a tool rest made of aluminum angle  :-[
I guess better than none.
This grinder is also noisier and vibrates more than the other one, but not what I would call excessively so.

Dirty grinder: right side wheel guard is cracked in 3 places. 2 cracks by where it attaches to grinder are filled with dirt and look older. They are also small, maybe 3/8" long. 3rd crack goes from outer edge into the hole where eye shield is bolted on, and isn't dirty indicating a recent addition  ::)
This crack is maybe 1.5" long. I'm guessing it fell or got dropped on the eye shield. Luckily this is mostly cosmetic, not sure about smaller cracks yet.
This grinder runs very, very smooth.

Since they were cheap I'm not that upset. They are nice little grinders, just need tlc.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2019, 09:47:03 AM »
Vibration could likely be a out of round wheel or brush