Author Topic: CL estate tool sale  (Read 7195 times)

Offline DeadNutz

CL estate tool sale
« on: May 31, 2019, 11:11:39 AM »
Most of the these are a bust around here but I think I will have to be there at 8am tomorrow to check it out. It all depends on who is running the sale.

https://reno.craigslist.org/tls/d/gardnerville-estate-tool-sale/6901280140.html

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
Re: CL estate tool sale
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 12:10:58 PM »
Looks like quite the stash.

I wish they'd put some pictures with priced items so you could tell how much they'd smoked before they got the stickers out. Unmarked prices are always worse. Everything is always gold.

Greyson

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 08:42:53 PM »
I told the wife about the sale and she said we are going. She loves going into shops and looking for goodies. :-*

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:25:53 PM »
Please be sure to snap a picture of what that wheel is attached in photo #3, could need side pipes :-\

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 09:33:40 PM »
I'll see what that is for you pep. I didn't even notice the wheel because I was looking at the Reed-Prentice lathe. We had one like that but sold it.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 10:48:01 PM »
That lathe gives me a chubby but the gantry crane sure could be handy.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 01:19:15 PM »
We scored at the sale this morning. We got home and I had to unload the 1hp 1ph Baldor 10" grinder on a great pedestal the wife beat me to. The thing runs sweet with no vibration. Bought some other tools but I will post pics later. After looking up a couple of the aircraft tools I bought am going back to the sale right now to look for more aircraft tools. The sale is not being run by a company but by a family friend. And they want $2000 for the 14" Reed-Prentice sliding gear head lathe but the ways aren't the best. For pep I have pics of the two hot rods that are for sale.

Offline gtermini

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »
Sweet!

Old lathes really are a buyers' market. As the shop gets more empty and that lathe continues to sit there, I'm sure the price will drop.

Greyson

Online slip knot

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 10:32:07 PM »
Make them an offer on the lathe, Good till the end of the day. they'll call. ;D  No -one wants to deal with an unsold piece.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 12:28:22 AM »
I know I could get the lathe for a good price but I don't really want it. I took a closer look at and the ways are actually decent for a machine made in 1944 and has a nice taper attachment. Couldn't fire it up because the rotary converter was already gone with the guy who bought the big bandsaw.

First up is the Baldor 1hp 1ph 10" grinder the wife snagged for $100. It does have a dual voltage motor but is wired for the 115 and has a great pedestal on it. The bearings are very smooth and no vibration when running. The 10" wheels are worn about an inch and is only missing the eye shields but the mounts are there. The wife said she will let me use it but she already told me she wants to repaint it. Guess who will get that job.

For pep the 2 hot rods for sale with small block Chevys. There are two 32 coupes in a garage they are keeping for family members. I saw a pic of his beautifully restored T-6 40's trainer airplane which is for sale for $250,000 which had me drooling. Pics of the rest tomorrow.

Offline gtermini

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 01:20:25 AM »
You suck on that grinder. 10 inchers in single phase, low voltage are as rare as hens teeth. I'd have paid 100 for the Baldor stand alone.

The plane sound wicked.

Greyson

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 10:28:26 AM »
For pep the 2 hot rods for sale with small block Chevys. There are two 32 coupes in a garage they are keeping for family members. I saw a pic of his beautifully restored T-6 40's trainer airplane which is for sale for $250,000 which had me drooling. Pics of the rest tomorrow.

Thanks for the car shots, was curious as to what they/he had built, style. They look good, respectable workmanship, well thought out. The 32's, open wheel also .... if yes even better. Glad to read the family will keep them. Also hope they drive them farther than some lame car show.

Thumbs up to the builder, also to mention his taste for headers and the exhaust was top notch.

But of course what else would I have thought  ;D

Pep

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 11:58:48 AM »
I told the wife about the sale and she said we are going. She loves going into shops and looking for goodies. :-*

Holy crap,that girl is a keeper!  Mine hates my tool / junk additiction!%
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 12:05:36 AM »
Ok, can finally get some pics up but it will take about three posts.
Plomb 5468 flex head 1/2dr 19" long, 2 bottom tools are pin tools for AirLoc fasteners for aircraft or race cars, selection of crimpers and some are very pricey, rivet bucking bar, pistol grip cherry rivet stem trimmer and rivet gun tools.
Six aviation headsets being donated to our EAA chapter.
Two welded steel carts 25" x 44" with 6" casters all swivel.
60 amp disconnect fuse box.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 12:16:37 AM »
Some manuals and booklets along with 2 Snap On 3/8dr 3/8 impact sockets.
2 Proto combos, Blue Point DOE, Williams DOE angle, Super Indestro feeler gauge, 6" Armstrong adjustable, Great Neck mini hacksaw, collar stops, flange nuts, aircraft drills and a new 1/4 reamer.
Clecos and container of tiny, small and medium springs and clecos.
Different types of clecos and pliers for installing and removing round clecos.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 12:32:50 AM »
15 Craftsman wrenches 1/4" to 1" but no 7/16" =vv= and a couple of =v= in great shape and one mint Thorsen 3/8" combo.
Large Buffalo and Allied Taiwan combos I didn't want but the worker pulled all the tools off the wall and put them in the bucket, Ridgid pipe wrenches and Stanley Handyman dual vial level.
Air tool rivet head cutters, long handle rivet stem cutters, crimpers and a nice Proto L.A. body file with a sharp 2-sided rasp.
Working ends of the air tool rivet head cutters and notice the 2 different kinds of cutters. The 2 pistons stop the tool at the proper height to avoid cutting the aircraft skin.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 05:27:15 AM »
DeadNutz's.

Don't get me wrong, but I gotta ask. What does the wife use her tools for, type of projects? I think it would be interesting to know, My wife has a fairly good mechanical mind. Doesn't hesitate to jump in and fix some things. But I never see her wanting or having a 10 grinder :-\

The reason for the question.

Pep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 08:34:52 AM »
It is fine to ask that question pep and the short answer is she will never use it. She just likes having fine tools and she does let me use them. She bought or owns most of the machinery we have. Is she a machinist, welder, or fabricator the answer is no. She grew up in a machine/stamping shop which became hers. She now runs a machine shop here and she may not touch the machines but she knows how to run a machine shop and make money.
She also loves all things mechanical like machinery, airplanes and locomotives.

Offline highland512

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
Where did you find this unicorn of a woman?

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 01:31:36 PM »
We actually met at a train station. We had bought tickets to take a trip on a private ex-UP dome car and it just worked out.