Author Topic: J. A. Sexauer tool  (Read 3941 times)

Offline coolmercury

J. A. Sexauer tool
« on: June 04, 2019, 03:32:32 PM »
I know that Sexauer makes tools for the plumbing trade, but don't know what this tool does.  I assume it spreads something.

Offline RustFarmer

Re: J. A. Sexauer tool
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 06:45:17 PM »
4" Internal Spud Wrench.

A must to install or remove urinal and closet spud, waste and overflows.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Pasco-4562-PASCO-4-Internal-Spud-Wrench

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 09:34:45 PM »
10-4  Covers Company and Chicago Specialties each made such a tool but I've yet to come across one. I have a no name one for the time being as a space filler.

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 07:13:53 AM »
Based on the link from RustFarmer mine is missing a rod that helps keep it aligned.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 09:33:14 AM »
Based on the link from RustFarmer mine is missing a rod that helps keep it aligned.

Yeah, but it looks like a part that should be easy to fabricate. See page 28 of this catalog:

http://pascospecialty.com/catalog/PASCO_CATALOG_C.pdf
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:34:55 AM by bonneyman »

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 03:30:22 PM »
Will not be a problem to find a rod to take care of the fix---mine only has one hole, so only need one rod.

Now for a comment, the first page of the link showed a Ram Bit plastic fitting saver---about 30 years ago I would have given my left --- to have one of those when the vandals kept breaking the sprinkler heads out of the tee's in an office complex I took care of back then.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 09:27:09 PM »
Will not be a problem to find a rod to take care of the fix---mine only has one hole, so only need one rod.

Now for a comment, the first page of the link showed a Ram Bit plastic fitting saver---about 30 years ago I would have given my left --- to have one of those when the vandals kept breaking the sprinkler heads out of the tee's in an office complex I took care of back then.

yeah when I first saw that PVC fitting cutter it was a "Why didn't I think of that" moment.