Author Topic: GearWrench warranty  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Plomb-er

GearWrench warranty
« on: June 15, 2019, 06:03:34 PM »
Last year I picked up the GearWrench ratcheting flex head wrenches, and the 14mm head was on so it was turning in the opposite of the arrow stamped on the wrench, not a big deal, more of an annoyance. I was wondering if the head could be removed and then flipped.
I called their customer service line, wanted to see if they could tell me if the pin could be removed. She didn't know, but told me she would just send me a new wrench. A few days later, a new 14mm wrench was at my house, no charge.
I posted this since it seems so often we mostly hear negative stuff about warranties, thought I would tell my positive no hassle warranty story and a thumbs up to GearWrench for the help.

Offline bonneyman

Re: GearWrench warranty
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 07:19:48 PM »
I've had nothing but superb service out of my GW combos. Not a burp in over 20 years. So, I've never had need of warranty service. But if I ever do, I'm certain it will be a hassle-free experience.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 09:13:06 PM »
Thanks for info of GW sanding by their tools. I bought a set of SAE flex heads 9 years ago and I've used the heck out of them. Bought them on a Black Friday sale at the Sears Hometown Store for $35 which was a great price. I also bought a 20pc set of SAE and MM combos several years ago on sale for $60 at NAPA which made them a good deal at $3 per wrench. They are good solid users.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »
I have quite a few GW sets. I have not broken one yet. I like them.