Author Topic: Small pawnie find: 6-10-19  (Read 1925 times)

Offline bonneyman

Small pawnie find: 6-10-19
« on: July 10, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »
I can't pass up on ratcheting wrench adaptors. Ever since discovering Gear Wrenches I've find set aside my sockets, but there are those times that only a socket will do. Having adaptors to convert GW ratcheting box wrenches to drive sockets is a no brainer.
This one is extremely short for it's drive size. 3/8" square by 9/16" (loose)/14mm (tight) hex end. I'm willing to bet - when paired with a thin profile GW or zero offset box end - it would compete with a SALTUS wrench for accessibility. I have to add a retainer ring to the back end, but other than that it's ready to work.
Come to think of it, one could use several drive tools with this plug adaptor. A Craftsman-style double ratcheting box wrench, a Bonney ratcheting flare wrench, and basically any ratcheting box you might have handy (super long, reversible, flex head, etc). The versatility of options really makes this idea attractive. Everybody's got something in their cary tools - having a little thing like this that can adapt almost any tool to work with a socket could be a deal changer!
I've got an extension project in the works - I might change my concept mid-stream and try and make it more versatile like this.