Author Topic: 2 stroke Husqvarna string trimmer wont start - (updated) to a happy ending  (Read 3509 times)

Offline slip knot

Good to know you solved the problem and got it running again. Did you try the same fix on the parts machine?

Offline oldnslo

I'll report and update over the weekend. Right now "the spare" is in the full disassemble mode, allowing me to compare parts/specs, etc.

Offline fatfillup

Congrats, its always satisfying to get a solution to a nagging problem :bravo_2:

Offline DeadNutz

Great news O&S. If mine required that fix it still wouldn't be running. ;)

Online jabberwoki

Nice work .
I`ll bet your super chuffed eh?

For a relatively simple machine , small equipment like that can sure test your resolve.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:26:15 AM by jabberwoki »
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline oldnslo

Well....the $15 parts trimmer lives and breathes. It appears to have had a low hours life (compared to the known hours on mine), and about the same AZ sun exposure.

It took about 4 pulls to get it to bark, and it needed some idle fiddling (someone had the idle screw backed out so it didnt contact the stop) and thus would only fast idle on the choke setting.

I'll probably pick up the special carb adjustment tool (this takes the spline version), and can then dial the high RPM to ensure it gets maxed out.

Job done...and at no cost (other than time and some frustration). Thanks all for hanging in with me.

Offline slip knot

I've found that some of the hard plastic tubing they sell in the plumbing depts will fit tightly enough over those screws to adjust them. But if you need that new tool fix then go for it.  :dance:

Offline oldnslo

I've seen those same Youtubes with home crafted fixes as well (tubing and crimp connectors). But, hey, for $2.88 shipped to my door, who am I to refuse a new tool?

;)