Author Topic: Bio-Curve hammer  (Read 11222 times)

Offline coolmercury

Bio-Curve hammer
« on: November 03, 2018, 05:56:02 PM »
This is a new one on me, was in a box lot I bought today.

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Bio-Curve hammer
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 07:23:35 PM »
I've seen these before, and I always thought they were kind of dumb.
A classic octagonal straight haft exists for a reason.
These are actually expensive brand new, and being made by Barco industries they're not even finished better than a standard hammer considering the price tag.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 07:26:25 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 07:28:10 PM »
Bio was all the rage back in the day. In cycling, there was the bio-pace. Ahhh...the distant mem'ry's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biopace

An ovoid chainring.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2018, 08:19:02 PM »
Really glad the tell the user where to hold it LMAO...... I guess it's not to be used holding the shinny thing.. :-\

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline highland512

Bio-Curve hammer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 01:21:39 PM »
Curved claw makes it a no buy in my book. I like a wooden curved handle like that though. Back when I was swinging a hammer daily the Vaughan 19oz was my hammer of choice.

Wonder if the head says hit nails here??

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »
 :)) :)) Might need that bio-curvey thing. I used to love the big serrated face framers for form work. 1 hit would sink a duplex nail. loved it. a month or so back I went and helped a buddy form up for some pours and after about 30minutes my tennis elbow was kicking bad. give me one of them leetle hammers now.

Offline highland512

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 07:24:41 AM »
:)) :)) Might need that bio-curvey thing. I used to love the big serrated face framers for form work. 1 hit would sink a duplex nail. loved it. a month or so back I went and helped a buddy form up for some pours and after about 30minutes my tennis elbow was kicking bad. give me one of them leetle hammers now.

Thats one of the reasons why I have become a huge fan of the EFCO forming system when pouring walls. It's 100% put together with nuts and bolts so all the guys carry is a bolt bag with a cordless impact and a alignment tool. The total SF you can erect in a day is impressive, 4000 SF plumbed, kicked, and and floor bolted in 10 hours with 5 guys and a crane operator was a good day.

Offline 34Ply

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 07:52:34 AM »
I had a bad elbow for years. Tried all the curvy handles that said it would take care of it. After about 6 different tries I went back to 16oz Estwing straight claw. Never ever used a wooden handle though, didn't hold ud for 8/10 hours of daily use.

Offline scottg

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 03:26:07 PM »
This is too curved in my world, unless you are working on something horizontal but high overhead.
Cobblers used hammers angled this much for pounding nails through shoe soles.
   For framing........forgive me I am trying to remember how to post pictures
I have a whole lot of hammers
 yours Scott
Oh ps do I have to type all the security stuff every time? is there way past it?

(I took the liberty of embedding your image in your post. After you get to five posts the security stuff goes away. - J.A.F.E.)

http://users.snowcrest.net/kitty/sgrandstaff/images/hometools/ham2.jpg
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 03:36:38 PM by J.A.F.E. »

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 06:34:28 AM »
I have this Easco Hand-Tastic hammer that looks similar, except straight claw. Even found a little ad for it in Popular Science. The bend is steam-bent as grain follows it, kinda surprising.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:36:41 AM by Davethorik »