Author Topic: Elroy is Seeking Recommendations  (Read 7594 times)

Offline bmwrd0

Re: Elroy is Seeking Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2019, 10:34:30 PM »
These are the Armstrong metrics that I use, and on clearance for $16 I would buy two and call it a day. The letting is a bit small, but then again I have bifocals.

https://cripedistributing.com/products/armstrong-44-322a-10-piece-1-4-drive-6-point-metric-socket-set-usa?_pos=19&_sid=77dc6d7ad&_ss=r

Offline highland512

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2019, 07:54:52 AM »
Tell Elroy he will be very pleased with an SK1313 and to make sure his Wright Tool supplier is quoting Wright and not Cougar. Also show him him this link for price check on his local Wright quote.
https://www.harryepstein.com/index.php/1-4-drive-11-piece-6-point-standard-metric-socket-set-5mm-13mm.html 

Elroy cant go wrong with either brand, it's just whatever flavor he decides he likes better.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 10:08:44 AM »
Tell elroy he is welcome to post these questions. The farmer enjoys chewing a little fat with good ole boys like him.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 11:58:03 PM »
These are the Armstrong metrics that I use, and on clearance for $16 I would buy two and call it a day. The letting is a bit small, but then again I have bifocals.

https://cripedistributing.com/products/armstrong-44-322a-10-piece-1-4-drive-6-point-metric-socket-set-usa?_pos=19&_sid=77dc6d7ad&_ss=r

WOW, that set pleases my cheap side as well as the quality tools side!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Elroy

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 06:00:37 PM »
Elroy...................currently has two full sets 1/4 metric in his inventory but they're mismatched pawn shop examples. Elroy has reached the point where he deserves a "matched set".  Current inventory runs from 4 mm through 13 mm and includes both 4.5 and 5.5 mm sockets.

Elroy has advised and that a confession and sincere apology is warranted here. Elroy took a closer inventory of his in stock 1/4" drive metric sockets and discovered nearly (5) complete sets of sockets. With this accurate accounting, Elroy determined that additional sockets in this category was unwarranted

HOWEVER

Recent projects revealed to Elroy that what he really needed to augment was his metric "hex key" driver inventory as any consideration of his 1/4" drive socket inventory being deficient was simply foolish. With this fact in mind combined with Elroy's fondness for Proto, he made this selection of metric Allen bits

https://www.grainger.com/product/PROTO-Forged-Alloy-Steel-Socket-4JW05

Elroy's discounted cost of $78.12 sealed the deal.

Elroy was poised to purchase the 13 piece SK socket set but it simply wasn't a wise move. Elroy sincerely apologies for the false alarm.

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 07:23:39 PM »
Tell Elroy that those Proto bit sockets are very nice

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 09:59:28 PM »
Ya just cannot go wrong with Proto, tell Elroy he done good!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline GNAP

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2019, 07:34:23 PM »
Do a couple of full 3-1/2 gallon pails (one fractional, one metric) of 1/4” drive shallow and deep sockets of various manufacturers, constitute a set??............
jack

Offline Elroy

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2019, 09:41:12 PM »
Do a couple of full 3-1/2 gallon pails ................. constitute a set??............

Only if all the sizes are present including 4.5 mm and 5.5 mm examples. Otherwise your bucket is useless  ^-^