TOOLS AND THE SHOP > COMPRESSORS/AIR TOOLS/LINES FILTERS & MISC.

Picked up this used Eagle 5 HP 60 Gal today

<< < (3/3)

goodfellow:
Just a suggestion Clay; place it on some rubber/synthetic floor mats. It make a BIG difference in noise reduction and dampens vibration. I've had mine on two 1/2" thick industrial floor mats for over 20 years and they have held up well given the amount of moisture and oil that gets on them when I drain the tank once a month.

Also, if you want an easy and inexpensive way to drain the tank, take a look at the manual cable operated drain valves that are usually installed on semi-trucks. I've had mine installed since day one, and it makes draining the tank a breeze. Cheaper and more robust than most electronic drain systems.

https://petetruckparts.com/product/drain-valve-w-cable-f12105c-replaces-12105/?device=c&keyword=&campaign=389535149&adgroup=pla-4576167404041578&msclkid=5167cf8cb9961478e30bad9b7dcc676e&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP%20Shop%20-%20Fleet%20Choice&utm_term=4576167404041578&utm_content=63604%20%7C%20DRAIN%20VALVE%20W%2FCABLE%20F12105C%20(replaces%2012105)%20%7C%20%245.95

Der Bugmeister:
Thanks for the suggestions, Ray!

I have a bit of work ahead of me before I can position it in a permanent location, but rubber mats or insulators are definitely in the plan.  It will be in a yet to be reconstructed shed attached to the back of the shop so hopefully not as intrusive inside...but I still have to be conscious of the noise for neighbours.

It currently has straight copper pipe plumbed from the drain hole (no draincock) which was cut when removed from the old location.  I suspect they had a ball valve somewhere along the line for drainage and I'll likely use a similar setup near a drain.

DeadNutz:
Good points Ray. Mine is bolted down with 3/8 rubber mats under the feet. My drain has a ball valve inline and makes it easy to drain. I used a piece of air hose to go through the wall of the shop with a slight down slope for drainage. Since I still had a new air exhaust muffler from the punch presses I stuck that on the end of the hose and staked the hose end pointed down and staked with a rod. The muffler quiets the exhaust so much I can barely hear it from inside the shop and it won't annoy the neighbor who is 100' away and the moisture goes right through it.

https://www.mcmaster.com/mufflers/compact-high-flow-mufflers/

pep:

[/quote]
Absolutely.  That's the main reason I upgraded, knowing my smaller compressor's duty cycle was nowhere near up to the task.
[/quote]

Money well spent, nice one  :cool2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version