Author Topic: Outfitting an Enclosed Trailer  (Read 3155 times)

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
Outfitting an Enclosed Trailer
« on: March 26, 2019, 03:47:58 PM »
I picked up a 6' x 12' exposed trailer for my business last week and now looking for ideas on how to setup and configure the interior to handle my typical loads.

The business is primarily a custom tshirt shop that I setup in markets, festivals and other events.  Same as the old tshirt shops, you pick the design you want, the shirt you want it on and I make it on the spot while you wait.  So I'll be carrying about 20-30 panels of gridwall (2' x 6' each) retail display matrix with assorted hangers and fittings for the display.  Some folding plastic tables, a heat press (24" x 32") boxes of tshirts and bins of design transfers.

The trailer has 3/8" plywood wall liner and a 3/4" floor.  Double rear doors and a single door on the front right side.  I got some e-trak strips for using reconfigurable hooks, shelves, tiedowns, etc but haven't installed them yet.

How do you setup your trailers?  How do you fasten shelving and storage bunks in place?  Open to ideas....

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Outfitting an Enclosed Trailer
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:32:54 AM »
e track on  the walls and possibly even the floors. i put it on my trailer walls and d rings on the floor.

e track lets you strap or fasten things down anywhere you want. there is a wide assortment of rings, loops, hooks, shelves, cabinets, baskets, spare tire holders and more that can then be hung on it. best thing i ever did.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Der Bugmeister

• Administrator
Re: Outfitting an Enclosed Trailer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 11:23:32 AM »
e track on  the walls and possibly even the floors. i put it on my trailer walls and d rings on the floor.

e track lets you strap or fasten things down anywhere you want. there is a wide assortment of rings, loops, hooks, shelves, cabinets, baskets, spare tire holders and more that can then be hung on it. best thing i ever did.

I'm with you on the E-Track.  I have 4 x 10' lengths for starters and next will be figuring out where to locate them (thinking one per side on the floor, debating one or two for each wall).  Won't be anything happening for a few weeks yet...knee surgery next week and hopefully I won't be gimped up for too long.

The walls were advertised as 3/8" ply but upon closer inspection the inner walls are just 1/8" panelling.  There better be some 3/8's in there somewhere!!!  So I'm also pondering on how best to fasten anything in there...whether I screw into the frame steel or glue/screw more solid ply inside before doing anything else.

Took it on the maiden voyage this past weekend...made a temporary bunker to keep the grid wall in place (and discovered it has a double floor) then loaded up with everything I needed for the market.  Worked out great...so much better than an open utility trailer and the open box of the pickup!