Author Topic: US Navy Acknowledges Unidentified Aerial Phenomena  (Read 3424 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
US Navy Acknowledges Unidentified Aerial Phenomena
« on: September 19, 2019, 10:12:36 AM »
It seems a series of classified US Navy videos have been leaked over time showing purported UFO's (which the Navy has reclassified as Unidentified Aerial Phenomena). Probably a more accurate term since most people seem to think the term UFO means alien spacecraft which is not the case it just means something unidentified appears to be airborn.

To be clear I do not believe whatever the Navy films show are alien spacecraft. Regardless if the phenomenon can ultimately be identified or will remain undetermined it is an interesting turn of events.

Now for the woodwork to explode...

The US Navy has for the first time confirmed that a set of eerie, grainy videos that appear to show UFOs flying through the sky are indeed real – and contain phenomena the military still cannot identify.

The sensational footage in question – which began appearing in media outlets including The New York Times from December 2017 onward – was captured by US Navy pilots ...

https://www.sciencealert.com/us-navy...eant-to-see-it
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 10:14:34 AM by J.A.F.E. »
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline DeadNutz

Re: US Navy Acknowledges Unidentified Aerial Phenomena
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 02:24:25 PM »
One of our EAA members was a fighter pilot in the US Navy. He had an encounter one day with something that maneuvered in what he thought was impossible ways. I think this happened in the 70's and he knew that no foreign governments had anything like that. He was in a F-4 Phantom and he could not stay with the thing.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 04:40:11 PM »
Whenever a government official or agency says anything, 99% of the time I believe the opposite is true. I'm surprised the military didn't claim it was a weather balloon!

I think it's most probably is a hypersonic prototype that the navy boys just happened to grab on their sensitive equipment. The fact that the Navy is just now coming out with an "explanation" amid all the hub-bub about hypersonic weapons is a good indication. 

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 05:23:52 PM »
There are many things it could be but to me what it is isn't really very important. I am surprised the Navy admitted it especially now when all the whacks are gathering around Roswell and some even still seem to be talking about storming Area 51. This would seem to give them some additional motive to try and storm the place which is no doubt very ill advised and likely one of the biggest mistakes most them will ever make.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 06:18:28 PM »
There are many things it could be but to me what it is isn't really very important. I am surprised the Navy admitted it especially now when all the whacks are gathering around Roswell and some even still seem to be talking about storming Area 51. This would seem to give them some additional motive to try and storm the place which is no doubt very ill advised and likely one of the biggest mistakes most them will ever make.

I think it was all just a matter of timing and popular perception.

For instance, the US just pulled out of the medium range ballistic missile treaty with Russia. Two weeks later, they reveal that they have a workable medium range missile. They obviously had been working on it for some time, but couldn't get caught doing it because of all the bad press that it would bring. But Russia (and China and who knows who else) was pushing ahead with theirs, playing the semantics game. The US was constantly being slammed for not being prepared and falling behind our adversaries - but now those gripes have disappeared.

I think a similar thing is happening with anti-missile missiles and hypersonic weapons. They military industrial complex is always working on new weapons - with taxpayer dollars. And with most they allow the conspiracy theories to circulate and say nothing - sometimes for years - claiming "national security".  Only when it's convenient do they reveal things. It's all about the timing.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 07:40:30 PM »
Ha, the alien says he doesn't believe they are alien spaceships. He's either hiding something or knows they don't look like what they had on tv. :))

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 11:01:16 PM »
Ha, the alien says he doesn't believe they are alien spaceships. He's either hiding something or knows they don't look like what they had on tv. :))

Believe me they look nothing like on TV or the movies.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 11:07:21 PM »

I think it was all just a matter of timing and popular perception.

They military industrial complex is always working on new weapons - with taxpayer dollars. And with most they allow the conspiracy theories to circulate and say nothing - sometimes for years - claiming "national security".  Only when it's convenient do they reveal things. It's all about the timing.

You likely are correct. I had not considered that aspect at all.

As to the weapons development - at one time it was the engine that drove US technology. That and the space program. One time years ago I needed an oscilloscope that had very fast response time and a very high bandwidth. Only two companies made what I needed one being Tektronix. I asked the Tek sales rep why it was that anytime I needed something cutting edge they had it. His response was stunning but I think accurate. He basically said the US military and space programs were (at that time) 10-15 years ahead of the civilian world. By the time they got around to declassifying it was about the time the civilian world needed it. I think he was right.