Author Topic: Key ring tools!  (Read 5351 times)

Offline bonneyman

Key ring tools!
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:16:06 PM »
I know I've run across 100's of these kinds of tools - here's one I just discovered recently that has a 1/4" ratcheting mechanism in it!  8)

https://www.gearinfusion.com/pages/everratchet

Post up your favorite key ring multi tools!

Offline ken w.

Re: Key ring tools!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 08:24:27 PM »
Somewhere in the abyss of crap in my garage , back porch , under a workbench , back of my truck / now shed I have a box full of stuff like this. There great ideas but not so  great when on your key chain in your pocket. They kind of hurt. I did just buy a Gerber key chain knife / utility knife. It's pretty cool , but too uncomfortable in the pocket.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 08:34:59 PM »
I have a round AC sparkplug gap tool on my keyring. I use it to open electrical cabinets when I don't have a screwdriver.

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 09:24:12 PM »
A trusty Proto J100 and a S&W handcuff key because.....well, you never know what kinda shit you might get into.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 09:28:59 PM »
A trusty Proto J100 and a S&W handcuff key because.....well, you never know what kinda shit you might get into.

OoooooooK!  :o

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 09:31:09 PM »
I've had a Craftsman 4-way key ring screwdriver for years, and it has come in handy. But I agree Ken - alot of these multitools are just manhood mashers....if you know what I mean.
Thought I've seen some that are like credit cards. if one could fit in my wallet I might just give it a whirl.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 09:57:24 PM »
I don't do a keychain, and anything meant to go on keys ends up looked in pocket if I carry it at all.

These are all tools of some form meant to go on a keychain, and as you can see only one has a key on it, the COLE 4-way that has my toolbox key on it.
Everything else ( if it's something I ever carry or use ) goes loose in pocket.
The leatherman Micra and my current favorite the squirt PS4 get their " lanyard hole " folded away and are dropped in my pocket along with my actual knife.
Same goes for the Victorinox classic which is the most popular keychain knife / tool ever.
My grandfather carried that yellow one loose in pocket as his only knife, it's not enough knife for my taste but it's blade has it's place and the tools are always handy.
The Christy knife was my only pocket knife for the month as has been the Gerber LST and the tow Bucks at times.
The Dasco prybar and little stubby bit driver clip to my work bag, the mini tape measure in my shirt pocket with my leather key fold and Fisher stowaway pen.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:34:16 AM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 10:00:20 PM »
I've had a Craftsman 4-way key ring screwdriver for years, and it has come in handy. But I agree Ken - alot of these multitools are just manhood mashers....if you know what I mean.
Thought I've seen some that are like credit cards. if one could fit in my wallet I might just give it a whirl.
Those are all junk, the only good ones are the Victorinox Swiss card and Swiss card light but you have to he careful about sitting on them.

Get a small Leatherman like the Micra or Squirt PS4 and drop it into your watch pocket.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 10:27:52 PM »
Never liked Leatherman - anything. Found several over the past couple of years while digging thru bin tools at pawn shops. None of them did anything for me, though the wife did end up taking one she liked to work. I found a Gerber that is OK.

Swiss Army knives were always a mainstay for me since the 1980's. but things have changed with their warranty, so, I'm weaning myself off of them.

Been thinking more lately along survival and prepping lines, so small, compact, multitools for emergency use get a little more scrutiny.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 01:35:18 AM »
Never liked Leatherman - anything. Found several over the past couple of years while digging thru bin tools at pawn shops. None of them did anything for me, though the wife did end up taking one she liked to work. I found a Gerber that is OK.

Swiss Army knives were always a mainstay for me since the 1980's. but things have changed with their warranty, so, I'm weaning myself off of them.

Been thinking more lately along survival and prepping lines, so small, compact, multitools for emergency use get a little more scrutiny.
I never knew Victorinox ever had a warranty, but in my experience they're pretty much always perfect and I've never needed a warranty.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2019, 07:14:29 AM »

Now that is just funny, don't care who you are :))

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 09:18:08 AM »
I only have keys on my key ring and it is the minimum amount I need to carry which is 5 keys. I only have the truck key, house key, sister's house key, EAA chapter house and lock box in truck cab key. Every door and padlock on the property uses a single key. A heavy key ring will wear out ignition switches on a vehicle.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 08:47:50 AM »
What does the company do when they have to "let go" of an employee? Lots to change.

I have a little black swively foldy thing that swivels and folds out to a small pliers that is to be attached to a key ring but I keep it in The console of the car. I carry a plastic caribeener that is also a lockback knife most days. Wife bought me a real nice lockback when we first met but I'm a fidgety type and broke the blade spring. I was fearful of sending it in for repair as I would want that particular one back. So it is in the top drawer of the bureau along with several other "retired" daily knives.

I have the four way craftsman thing(probably three o four) but they are in the tool box. Wife carries a thing the phone place gave her to get the cards out of a phone on her ring.
Rich