Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687952 times)

Offline walrus

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2018, 07:19:37 AM »
Nice Mercury. Like the paint

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2018, 07:36:30 AM »
The colors are ivory and tangerine.

Offline walrus

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2018, 09:35:35 AM »
The colors are ivory and tangerine.
Looks great, the pinstriping on hood is cool also. Like to see some more pics when you get a chance

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
Took the cat to the vet for her yearly shots.  The wife finally got to see her turn into a demon when the vet gave her the shots and clipped her nails.  It's quite the transformation!  Now she's looking as if nothing ever happened!
boop/bop/beep

Offline walrus

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2018, 10:27:37 AM »
Layed low the last few days, somehow aggravated my left side SI joint, lower back. Its not to bad unless it is :) Not sure what movement touches off  the pain but I took a step in shop yesterday and almost went down. Feels better today. Filled the hot tub which helps the back once I can soak. Started doing some stretches and exercises. What gets me is I have no idea what I did to set me off.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2018, 10:58:09 AM »
Layed low the last few days, somehow aggravated my left side SI joint, lower back. Its not to bad unless it is :) Not sure what movement touches off  the pain but I took a step in shop yesterday and almost went down. Feels better today. Filled the hot tub which helps the back once I can soak. Started doing some stretches and exercises. What gets me is I have no idea what I did to set me off.

Man I really feel for you! Not much worse than lower pack pain, absolutely polarizing!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2018, 02:04:55 PM »
I have been spending money on building a shoppette door.  It is not strong nor burglar resistant but it is rain proof on the 2nd floor.  It takes direct storm blow on that wall.  Days of working and trying to engineer this on a pauper's budget has been a challenge.  So thrilled to get them hung and painted.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2018, 02:06:17 PM »
Another...

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2018, 07:15:18 AM »
Had oldest Grand daughters 8th birthday party on Sat.  It was at Sweet Frog which is a frozen yogurt place where you pour your own yogurt and add any of 20+ toppings and pay by the ounce.  I forgot how good coconut is on ice cream.

Sunday was the wife's family reunion.  It was fun but we always drive separately as I am done in 3 or 4 hours and she is good for 8

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2018, 08:17:02 AM »
First night with the shoppette doors and a five hour blowing rain at them probably before the paint fully cured.

Dry as a cork inside when I checked.  Sswweeeetttt!
     No more ugly ragged tarp.

Not bad for 1/8" plywood, light structural and oil base paint.  And dome drywall screws.  Not recommended for Florida hurricanes or tornado alley homes.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »
First night with the shoppette doors and a five hour blowing rain at them probably before the paint fully cured.

Dry as a cork inside when I checked.  Sswweeeetttt!
     No more ugly ragged tarp.

Not bad for 1/8" plywood, light structural and oil base paint.  And dome drywall screws.  Not recommended for Florida hurricanes or tornado alley homes.

Bravo on success! Well done in meeting your objectives too!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2018, 02:24:20 PM »
Thanks.  I am just thrilled it passed the test even before I can finish the weatherstrip seal. 

My lady loves the clean look when closed.    The biggest win of all.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2018, 02:36:14 PM »
Thanks.  I am just thrilled it passed the test even before I can finish the weatherstrip seal. 

My lady loves the clean look when closed.    The biggest win of all.

They look good and will keep the honest people out.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2018, 08:39:51 PM »
Someone threw away a very recent 20" kids bike in really great shape that just needed a few minor adjustments and a new tube, so $4.50 plus a little bit of time and we have my little 2nd cousins first big boy bike ready for when it's time for his dad to teach him to ride.
He's only about 3 so he's not quite ready yet.

Then there's the antique-ish Tremont pipe wrench I cleaned up a while back, I've decided to give it to my Plumber uncle to display so I took an old cheap DOE and turned it into a little stand to help it display on a shelf.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 08:43:08 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2018, 09:03:51 PM »
Was headed to town this morning and saw a plume of smoke start to go up. Turned out it was a field of wheat burning and I could see a couple combines and trucks headed away from it. The FD managed to hold it to 9 20 acres and I saw a combine working it again this afternoon. Luckily at 11am the wind hadn't kicked up yet or it would have burned through the field and hit the open range 1/4 mile below our house and really taken off.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:57:35 AM by DeadNutz »