Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687513 times)

Offline Elroy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #900 on: August 06, 2019, 07:42:20 PM »
Elroy is going to expand "today" into the month of July

Started out the week of July 4th. Nearly a year ago, Elroy was enlisted to install a new steering box on Mister Victors corvette.
Later that week Elroy's 95 year old Pops ended up in the hospital. He has sense transitioned into rehab and is correctly adjusting to assisted living.
The next week attempted to install fresh brake shoes on the back of the '04 Canyon. For the age the mileage at 125k would be considered low. They were the original shoe. No doubt they were thin but they weren't into the drum. Elroy said attempted because the parking brake cable on the passenger side was rusted solid. Had to order cables for the next week end. That put the install into the hottest week end of the year. Well it's done and the peddle feels a lot better

This last week end Elroy spent most of Saturday at the Kentucky State Fair Grounds attending the NSRA Street Rod Nationals. It's impossible to see every car.

Correction, It's impossible to see 10% of the cars. Obviously there were some nice rods there.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #901 on: August 06, 2019, 11:02:58 PM »
H&S. man that is some weed farm right there, now I don't feel so bad about mine LMAO But at least as I say it's green

Working on a HSS tool grinding jig for the grinder.

Before and after clean up, cutting a 10* ramp. Checking the progress the ramp it dead on top of stock and vise jaw 0*

One more pass .010 to bring it home flip it, and chuck it 0*.  Cut 3 1/2" guide slots 1 down the middle, to form tool face profile. 1 one each side of that, for the L&R directional cut relief.

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #902 on: August 06, 2019, 11:51:08 PM »
The owner of the company the wife works for took us to the local high end steakhouse for dinner. The swordfish I had was great and am glad I didn't have to pay the bill for 12 people especially the bar tab. The owner said tonight that the best thing he ever did was put the wife in charge 8 months ago of running the Nevada plant and they are exceeding expectations and the metrics have never been higher in 17 years of operation here.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #903 on: August 07, 2019, 05:12:26 PM »
H&S. man that is some weed farm right there, now I don't feel so bad about mine LMAO But at least as I say it's green

Beyond the typical fox tail weeds, that's also a lot of oleander, bamboo, and this red vined ivy looking stuff.
I just don't have the drive to deal with it.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #904 on: August 13, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »
Been building a plywood cabinet for my airguns
It's not going to be very efficient on space, and not going to look spectacular, but it will hold as many as I can make it hold and keep the dust off them.

I hope to be finished with it tomorrow, if anyone cares to see my shoddy work I'll post a picture of two when it's done.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #905 on: August 18, 2019, 07:42:08 PM »
Yesterday we painted the shed, two coats of barn red. Needs at least one more coat.

Took a motorcycle ride today then went to red lobster for supper with the family.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline Rural53

« Reply #906 on: August 19, 2019, 04:39:07 AM »
Typical Monday, mainly meetings without much actual work getting achieved. This evening I went to the local camera shop's International Photography Day event. It was a portrait discussion by one of Fujifilm's ambassadors. They had a couple of models there to practice on as well as some Fujifilm products. This included a  preproduction GFX100, their new 100 megapixel medium format camera. It is very nice, photo I took work it below, but at $20k plus about $5k per lens I think I won't be buying one.

GPX100.

Photo taken with it.

Photo taken with my Pentax K3.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 04:37:22 PM by Rural53 »

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #907 on: August 21, 2019, 02:44:12 PM »
That is a great camera, Rural, but rather high priced.    $10K in the states at BH Photo- https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1480135-REG/fujifilm_600020930_gfx_100_medium_format.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:47:45 PM by Papaw »
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #908 on: August 21, 2019, 03:42:12 PM »
That is a great camera, Rural, but rather high priced.    $10K in the states at BH Photo- https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1480135-REG/fujifilm_600020930_gfx_100_medium_format.html

I looked it up from a supplier here and it is NZ$18,574 (US$11,890).

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #909 on: August 21, 2019, 06:48:28 PM »
I spent the first 5 hours of the day in  an attic doing ductwork.  Then the ac in the service van went down, conpressor failure . High today was 100°f.  Then i spent the last couple hours moving all my stuff to a different truck with a good ac.

Ugh the stuff we do to scratch out a living

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #910 on: August 21, 2019, 08:07:21 PM »
I spent the first 5 hours of the day in  an attic doing ductwork.  Then the ac in the service van went down, conpressor failure . High today was 100°f.  Then i spent the last couple hours moving all my stuff to a different truck with a good ac.

Ugh the stuff we do to scratch out a living

My condolences -- it effects you more as you get older. Hope you have a better day tomorrow  :)

Offline slip knot

« Reply #911 on: August 22, 2019, 05:47:14 PM »
Had the vet come out and check the bull over, he's good for another year or so. but he wasn't too happy about it. :o :o

They have a really slick hydraulic squeeze chute. He couldn't even move enough to fart. :D

Offline walrus

« Reply #912 on: August 23, 2019, 05:00:09 PM »
Been working in a newer store, installing some conduits in a 3ft high crawl space, 60 ft long. When you are 6 ft 7" you don't fit in a crawl space. Using a creeper helps but not that much. I'd be done now if the store had a basement instead I have 3 or 4 more days to go

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #913 on: August 23, 2019, 07:12:41 PM »
Hauled a load of scrap to the scrap yard today. 880# of #1 steel and 87# of aluminum and it paid a whopping $51.40. I could of gotten way more for it in Reno but Carson City was less than half the distance and I had to go to the airport anyways. It filled my truck and paid for lunch with $10 left over so all is good. Sure beats going to the dump and paying $108.80 per ton to get rid of it.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #914 on: August 24, 2019, 11:39:04 PM »
Went to Coffee and Cars II today. I got there near the end so a few cars had left.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk