Author Topic: Christmas Traditions  (Read 1185 times)

Offline muddy

Christmas Traditions
« on: December 24, 2020, 07:57:46 PM »
Polar Express is one of my favorite Christmas movies. So for three years now we make it a point to watch it before bed time on Christmas Eve. Of course we set out the milk and cookies before we head off to bed.

Do you have a Christmas Tradition?

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Christmas Traditions
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 08:07:54 PM »
Sure -- I haven't missed Rudolph, Charlie Brown, Miracle on 34th Street, and White Christmas for well over 50 years. We still watch the old classics every year. We pretty much know every line and nuance by now, but still enjoy it just the same.

Polar Express is also in our yearly rotation now, as is The Little Drummer Boy, Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol, Santa Claus is coming to Town, the original Grinch cartoon, and of course Frosty. You're never too old -- LOL

Tradition in our family going back to the grandparents is to make a big Lasagna dinner on Christmas Eve.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 08:10:39 PM by goodfellow »

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 09:28:19 PM »
Our Christmas tradition is to play a little trick on my brother.

One year my grandmother put his gift in a box the size of the Crosman 760 he wanted but couldn't have ( got one for his next birthday though) , kind of cruel but he really loved what he did get.

This year I got him the new ACDC album Power up, put it in a cracker box and wrapped it up, then that one inside another box that I wrapped up.
From there 3 more boxes inside each other which aren't wrapped including the outer box that something shipped in, the plan is to te him it arrived last minute and I didn't have time to wrap it.
He'll get to the 2nd to last box and think he's done because it's wrapped, then hell have one more box to go.

I heard rumors that my mom may be planning a scavenger hunt for her gift to him.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline john k

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 10:54:51 PM »
We would hide our daughters big gift,  and hand her a card with instructions, go to the bread box.  The note there said, check the piano, then 5 more notes sending her all over the house.  On Christmas eve, we would watch It's a Wonderful life.