Author Topic: Pawnie finds: 6-6-21  (Read 2113 times)

Offline bonneyman

Pawnie finds: 6-6-21
« on: June 06, 2021, 12:15:42 PM »
Not much, but coming out of the Covid lockdowns anything is a good find. What looks to be a Craftsman 3/8" drill with keyless chuck. $2
And a real leather passport hold for my niece. She does alot of travelling, and I figured the case could take the wear off of her passport, ID, and credit cards. Plus she likes cats, so, I saw it and knew it was for her. For 50 cents I knew it was worth some "points" for the uncle! lol

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Pawnie finds: 6-6-21
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 12:24:58 PM »
Very nice. B-man is always impressing the ladies. :great:

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 03:33:52 PM »
Love the cats!   :D
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 04:09:03 PM »
I've developed a kind of eye for leather. Real leather has a presence and "feel" that just fits me. Holsters, belts, tool pouches, wallets. Can't stand that faux leather that wears funny and starts to deteriorate quickly. So when I saw this I was immediately drawn to it, and after picking it up I thought I'm keeping this and I'll find a use for it. Then I thought of my niece and that was it.  :lol_hitting:

Check out Bedos Leatherworks on Youtube. Guy is super fun to watch. Actually met him and got a tour of his workshop when I was back visiting in May of 2019. The place is covered wall to wall in every type and color of leather. Dude is supremely gifted in leather repair. Shoes, jackets, handbags, and then his special projects. How he cuts, sews, repairs, dyes, and accents leather is so fun to watch.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 05:04:42 PM »
I've developed a kind of eye for leather. Real leather has a presence and "feel" that just fits me. Holsters, belts, tool pouches, wallets. Can't stand that faux leather that wears funny and starts to deteriorate quickly. So when I saw this I was immediately drawn to it, and after picking it up I thought I'm keeping this and I'll find a use for it. Then I thought of my niece and that was it.  :lol_hitting:

Check out Bedos Leatherworks on Youtube. Guy is super fun to watch. Actually met him and got a tour of his workshop when I was back visiting in May of 2019. The place is covered wall to wall in every type and color of leather. Dude is supremely gifted in leather repair. Shoes, jackets, handbags, and then his special projects. How he cuts, sews, repairs, dyes, and accents leather is so fun to watch.
" Les continue " .

Love his channel, he does great work.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 06:44:08 PM »

" Les continue " .

Love his channel, he does great work.

Doesn't he though?

There was this one video where some young guy sent in his shoes, and they were like worn out soles and salt damaged uppers. He washed the shoes in the sink - with 3 cleaners - and scrubbed them with a nylon bristle brush. Then let them slowly dry in a plastic garbage bag for a couple of days. He then installs shoe trees, and proceeds to smooth out the still slightly damp leather with his hands. Solvent cleaned, dyed, and moisturized - then he redoes the soles. Dang that was cool!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2021, 07:24:45 PM »
I loved the work he did on those Danner hunting boots.
And one the leather jacket he did last week.

He was talking about some guy who wanted some patches slapped on real quick and the guy wasn't happy that he wouldn't do a quick hack job.
He says  you're a roofer right ?, you wouldn't just put the shingles on wrong because someone wanted you to right ?
Always lookin' to learn