Author Topic: Hello handsome  (Read 9328 times)

Offline jabberwoki

Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: Hello handsome
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 11:47:32 PM »
So Jabb you gonna go for this one?
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 11:59:48 PM »
Na I`m just board and cruzing.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 08:11:55 AM »
Oh that is sweet and a decent price for being new if I read it right

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 10:23:06 AM »
Gang,

I have the 3/4" drive chromed version of this Wright 1" ratchet.  It's a bit on the coarse side and pretty noisy, but operates very smoothly.  I seldom need 3/4 drive, and could probably go the rest of my life without ever needing a 1" drive.  Just saying...

I don't know about you guys, but 90% of my maintenance and repair work can be done with 1/4" & 3/8" drives toolage.  The remaining 10% (i.e. wheels, brakes, suspension, steering, and chassis) can usually be accomplished with 1/2" drive.

That said, last week my next door neighbor came over looking for a 2" socket to put a different ball on his trailer hitch.  I had nothing even close to that in 1/2" drive, so I checked my 3/4" drive stash and found a 2" socket; it was the biggest socket I had in this drive side.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:26:35 AM by lauver »
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »
I had to borrow my Dad's 3/4" drive set to disassemble the Chas. Parker Vise he got me from work when they "scrapped" it.  I had squat in 1/2" drive to get the nut loose on the swivel base.  I've since procured a 15(or 18 - I forget other than it's BIG) Adjustable Cresent brand wrench.