Author Topic: Evaporust and cadmium-plated tools: safe to use?  (Read 2097 times)

Offline bonneyman

Evaporust and cadmium-plated tools: safe to use?
« on: March 08, 2020, 07:09:07 PM »
I know all about not using a wire wheel on cadmium-plated tools. You're basically reduced to solvent cleaners and scrubby pads.

But what about Evaporust? Will it work on such tools to clean them? And what to do with the resultant cleaning solution - is it full of cadmium?  (Thus, a HAZMAT situation)  :-\

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Evaporust and cadmium-plated tools: safe to use?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 08:26:27 AM »
I have used Evaporust on cadmium plated tools that were rust red and they come out just fine. They may end up with some black on them which comes off with a brass brush. I don't think it is a hazard and I don't think it has bothered me one bit one bit one bit...….

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:48:35 PM »
I have used Evaporust on cadmium plated tools that were rust red and they come out just fine. They may end up with some black on them which comes off with a brass brush. I don't think it is a hazard and I don't think it has bothered me one bit one bit one bit...….

I dunno you seen Deads latest mug shot?
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 06:44:43 PM »

I dunno you seen Deads latest mug shot?

:))