Author Topic: 71 Triumph Spitfire  (Read 13436 times)

Offline xflffpm

Re: 71 Triumph Spitfire
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 11:25:01 PM »
My first car was a TR-7, then I bought a Spitfire. I was 6'3 in High School  but I had some fun in that car.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 01:42:51 AM »
I think 6"3" is about the limit for a Spittie. At least with the top on.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Online oldnslo

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 07:47:58 AM »
A buddy is slowly working on his MGA restore. Just a few weeks ago I hooked him up with my alu-welder friend and he got his boot (rear deck lid) stitched up where it had a rack (and the resulting holes) filled up. Looks sweet now and will be rack free.

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 12:23:30 PM »
I wish I had pictures of the MGA I had in the 70s. Plain black , nothing special, but I loved that car. No top so I could get in it easily ( I am a big guy ! ) and could take one passenger. Lots of quick turns and quick curves. I used to compete in gymkhanas with it, but never won.

I sold it sadly, but told the guy it needed radiator work soon. He didn't listen and overheated it badly. I did the repairs for him and never saw it again.
This is what it looked like-
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk

Offline muddy

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 02:07:48 PM »
Looks like a fun little car

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2019, 09:27:03 PM »
Those MGA's are neat cars. Rarely see them in black they almost always seem to turn up in white but MG offered several other colors including BRG and red.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 09:59:26 PM »
Those Spits and MGs look like a fun ride. I would be afraid to drive one around here with all the jacked up big tire trucks and Jeeps around here.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 12:26:25 AM »
Never driven an MGA. I have driven an MGB, an MGBGT (the "fastback") and an MGCGT (6 cylinder) and those are a hoot. The MGs are a little more civilized than the Spit.