Author Topic: Some bike projects  (Read 12707 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: Some bike projects
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 12:54:54 AM »
Looks great. Some little girl will be thrilled.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 11:43:35 AM »
 Grandpa has seen these pictures of the bike transformed.  He is happy.  I hope he comes to get it before the kids in my house damage the new paint.

His little girl should get that honor.

Offline muddy

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 08:20:54 PM »
Is this one of your projects?

sad poems unknown authors

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 09:10:07 PM »
That looks like an incredibly bad idea.  I can see someone acting on instinct and wrecking badly.

A friend of mine put a steering wheel in place of handlebars way back in prehistory and rode it for years.
It wasn't forgiving on rough road.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 09:24:13 PM »
That looks like an incredibly bad idea.  I can see someone acting on instinct and wrecking badly.

<snip>

I have to agree that looks like a perfect example of just because you can doesn't mean you should.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 11:37:01 AM »
A really heavy duty rear rack with a trailer hitch.  Another fine Strikline product.

This should solve the rack flexing with 88 kilos on the trailer.  I want a full 100 kilos.  Payday in one trip to the scrapyard.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 12:37:53 PM »
That looks pretty stout and should pull 100 kilos. I sure hope it is flat or downhill a little to the scrapyard with that kind of weight.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 02:43:32 PM »
Hey Strik - nice rack. :d030:

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 04:14:17 PM »
That looks pretty stout and should pull 100 kilos. I sure hope it is flat or downhill a little to the scrapyard with that kind of weight.

Uphill on a dirt road to the highway and from there downhill on pavement to any buyer.    Its that first leg of the journey that kills.  I have done it several times and keep trying to make the trailer better for getting over rocks.  Once on pavement its the brakes that count more.

Biggest loads so far, 78 and 88 kilos on the scale.  Pretty scary stuff if you let it get squirrelly behind the bike.

And stop staring at my rack you alien weirdo!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2020, 04:54:26 PM »

A friend of mine put a steering wheel in place of handlebars way back in prehistory and rode it for years.
It wasn't forgiving on rough road.

That was the prototype. Just because it looks good on paper don't mean it'll work in the real world.  :33:

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 06:33:07 PM »
Why else would you post it?

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2020, 01:26:38 PM »
Another rear rack for the sicko alien to oggle.  This one is a bit lighter with the same hard structure for pulling trailers.  I am trying to get them under 5 lbs and still pull a 200lb load.

I failed on the under 5, maybe next try.

I don't have any bikes without a rear rack anymore so this is probably a sale item.  I can hope for a twenty  on it.
I had a guy asking about the other so maybe....

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2020, 01:57:14 PM »
Well done. Have to start calling you the little old rackmaker.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2020, 07:05:35 PM »
My BIL bought the rack and we installed it.  This is his old junker build to a 21 speed recycle hauler.
Its missing a few bits yet but he's on it.  He is building a trailer too, someday.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2020, 07:15:02 PM »
My lady's bike had a flat front so I took time to clean up the ugly half pink and rust front rim.

Its golden now.  So is the basket.  Its all the bike she wants really and quite reliable. 

The tires are relics that won't die, I do need to replace them.  Thin but not dead yet.