Author Topic: Trying something a bit different for a job  (Read 5730 times)

Offline bonneyman

Re: Trying something a bit different for a job
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 09:35:26 AM »
OK, attended a company meeting yesterday and met the existing staff. The owner seems pretty cool, and is willing to work with me as they need technicians and there just aren't that many out there. So, my willing to work with my physical limitations and adjust things so maybe I can help them out. They promise me they won't work me to death, so that's promising.
Doing a ride-along with their lead service tech today, just to get a sense of what kinds of calls they get and how they run them. It should be nice to be with a comparable guy all day talking shop and speaking the same language. Then we'll decide what to do. Supposed to be 95 today, so, wish me luck!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 12:27:39 PM »
Good luck!

I hope to hear a really good experience later today about things working out very well.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 09:09:58 PM »
All in all the day went uneventfully. The other tech was a nice guy, young but eager. Dealing with the insurance company and the endless apps on the smart phone were dizzying!

Now that I'm home I'm dragging my butt around the house sore as heck, my legs and knees are throbbing. Gonna try another hot shower and liniment. I know I'm out of shape but come on! :-[