Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687762 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #630 on: February 13, 2019, 08:53:31 PM »
Good on ya Papaw as I would have returned them also. Fastenal's business model isn't built on onesies or twosies. I needed 4pcs of stainless bolts 3/4x8 to mount the horse waterers back to back in the stalls in the barn. Fastenal had them for me the next morning for 7 or 8 bucks apiece.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #631 on: February 13, 2019, 09:53:55 PM »
Picked up the door glass, installed it in the pass door, fits and works smooth, success. Couldn't wait, for Saturday install the door panel, window frame. Spin the car and strip the drives door, go to work there.

Shouldn't take very long this time around...  murphy always lurking, and the best plans made and all that, time will tell.

pixs
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline muddy

« Reply #632 on: February 14, 2019, 08:58:40 PM »
Left this for Mandy in the morning....

And was rewarded with a hardy (hearty?) steak dinner!!!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #633 on: February 14, 2019, 10:55:56 PM »
Good move Tim! - the old adage about maintaining a “Happy Wife” is definitely true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #634 on: February 15, 2019, 07:33:49 AM »
Picked up the door glass, installed it in the pass door, fits and works smooth, success. Couldn't wait, for Saturday install the door panel, window frame. Spin the car and strip the drives door, go to work there.

Shouldn't take very long this time around...  murphy always lurking, and the best plans made and all that, time will tell.

pixs

Sure Steve,
Not sure they will be all that interesting, gutted door and window glass. They are a PIA to get to work as I think they should.

Ending up replacing all the felt channels & whiskers. The silver in the cloud, had those materials on hand. left over from the 32 build. Not cheap stuff over 130 for 4; 6ft strips...

But we am too please, I'll snap some and post in the next day or 2

Pep
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #635 on: February 15, 2019, 10:09:41 AM »
Had to clear a little snow this morning for the wife to get off to work. It rained for 2 days and then turned to a mix yesterday so the roads are slick this morning and it is still snowing. The wife called me when she got to work and said it was one of the slickest drives she has had. She was headed down the hill and pulled off on a side street to let a truck go past that was coming up fast on her rear. She got down the road a bit and there was the truck in the ditch. She said there was probably about 10 vehicles off in the ditches. She only has to go 4 miles to get to work.

I can't say enough good things about the Yokohama tires she bought on Black Friday for her Subaru Tribeca. They do very well on the snow and ice and are highly rated for the conditions here.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #636 on: February 16, 2019, 08:51:16 AM »
 Finishing the felt window runners, seen is the nasty iner-door panel. Only square cut at the regulator is mine.

The 4 inch channel that hides the frame can be seen. I really like that, many 30's era HotRods a frame in seen with the body on top of it. Bet you never noticed that, now you will..LOL

Pep
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:53:20 AM by pep »

Offline Rural53

« Reply #637 on: February 16, 2019, 07:37:42 PM »
Yesterday was a bit cooler, high 70's rather than low 80's. Headed to the Paeroa V8 Car Show and Swapmet. Picked my uncle up on the way.

He bought a hardly used pair of Bushnell binoculars. The only thing I bought was a big chopper. I've been after one for while. This is a bit bigger than what I was looking for, the blade is nearly 1/4" thick.

Then we headed up to Thames to have a look at my uncle's 29' launch that he bought last week. Thames Marina has mud berths due to the tide range.

The engine is a marine conversion of a Ford diesel engine.
Dropped my uncle home and got given some produce out of this garden.

Stopped just up the road from uncle's to get some photos of this waterfall.

Long exposure.

Also stopped at a friend's pottery shop. I've known Andrew since we went to playcentre (pre kindergarten) together at age of three.

Got home in time to load up my old Challenger and sent it to it's new home.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:50:39 AM by Rural53 »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #638 on: February 16, 2019, 08:09:50 PM »
That's a sweet ol mullet masher your uncle snagged. I like it. 8)

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #639 on: February 16, 2019, 10:58:12 PM »
That is a nice launch your uncle got. Must be kind of hard to get back in the marina if a storm blows in at low tide. Do you miss racing the buggy or do you like the new racing better?

Offline Rural53

« Reply #640 on: February 17, 2019, 01:07:47 AM »
You can only get in and out of the marina for about two hours each side of high tide. It is located at the bottom of the Firth of Thames so is pretty sheltered except in a northerly.

I miss the buggy racing a little bit. As a fixed class (all buggies basically the same) the racing was close. The NZ3 on the side means I was 3rd in class at the National Finals (2015). The RZR has three times the suspension travel of the Challenger. The Challenger is based on the VW Beetle and is definitely a young man's (and women's) game. The other thing about the RZR is I use it as much for other things as I do racing. However, The UTV class is growing so quickly with people from other motorsport, I don't think I'll have a NZ on the side again.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #641 on: February 17, 2019, 07:39:04 AM »
Project window upgrades completed.  It is amazing how dirty the interior is, having the door panels out really show it.

Good chance I'll start on that today, knock that out as I have that custom door stop.

This was the second winter up grade, the other replacing  the electric vacuum pump.

Bottom line sum-times, new and improve has a real value and meaning, this one is all that.

Good little time fillers for the last 2 months.....

Pep
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 07:44:13 AM by pep »

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #642 on: February 17, 2019, 02:14:29 PM »
pep,

I notice you have some sort of foil-backed insulation in your doors.  Is this for sound insulation, thermal insulation, or both?  Does it work well?

If so, do you also have this same insulation on the floor pan, drive line tunnel, fire wall, inner roof, and other places?

What is the product name of this insulation?  What sizes does it come in, what does it cost?
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #643 on: February 17, 2019, 08:44:55 PM »
pep,

I notice you have some sort of foil-backed insulation in your doors.  Is this for sound insulation, thermal insulation, or both?  Does it work well?

If so, do you also have this same insulation on the floor pan, drive line tunnel, fire wall, inner roof, and other places?

What is the product name of this insulation?  What sizes does it come in, what does it cost?

yes knocking down a little sound and temperature does ok,  Bought it many years ago,  BD (before dynamat). So details are vague, I can tell you the back side is woven fiber, about 1/2 thick, spray adessive to attach. Was sold in a roll, not anything expensive, I think if came from Pep-boys,

Best I can do for the question

Pep

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #644 on: February 18, 2019, 11:29:12 AM »
pep,

Thanks.  You told me what I wanted to know.
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.