Author Topic: dewalt stainless steel tumbler dkc20002tbs  (Read 3357 times)

Offline walrus

Re: dewalt stainless steel tumbler dkc20002tbs
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 04:05:20 AM »
How is the Fatman's  new weekend villa/love nest coming along?

Slow but steady.  Mama is working in the kitchen, cleaning every square inch inside and out but is all but done.  The lady who lived there was getting old and let things go cleaning wise as far as deep cleaning.  I am working in the 1200 sq ft building getting shop set up, pricing tools and sorting through all that was left there.  I did get the shop furnace working, though I am feeding it out of a 5 gal pail as I don't trust the outside fuel tank yet.  Been sitting unused since 2010 and likely before.  I did buy a used tank to put there if needed but that will wait till better weather.  No insulation in the building so it gets heat only when I am there. 
Haven't spent the night there but am getting close.  Mama wants to clean a little more. 

Overall we are having fun with this project.  We are in no rush as the main point is for the storage  buildings for now.

Is this the retirement home? Did you stay in Maryland or head to Penn?  Either way sounds like you are getting ready to slow down a bit. Need pics of the shop :)

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 03:40:00 AM »
Likely not retirement home though it would suit me just fine with a remodel.  Its in Maryland 10 minutes from our house and business.  Mama calls it our transition place where I can store stuff as we either sell or close the pressure washer business.

Mainly bought for buildings and investment. 

We do want to be either in or closer to Pa for family

Offline muddy

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 10:12:35 PM »
Likely not retirement home though it would suit me just fine with a remodel.  Its in Maryland 10 minutes from our house and business.  Mama calls it our transition place where I can store stuff as we either sell or close the pressure washer business.

If you get a spot near Gettysburg, you could guarantee to see us a bit more often. I love Gettysburg, one of if not the most favorite place for a day or weekend trip for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2022, 03:25:27 AM »
Muddy, that is possible as Littlestown is just 5 mies from Gettysburg which just happens to be the Fatman's birth place.  I think there is a plaque somewhere stating that :))

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 09:42:19 AM »
Muddy, that is possible as Littlestown is just 5 mies from Gettysburg which just happens to be the Fatman's birth place.  I think there is a plaque somewhere stating that :))

pretty sure there used to be a statue but some of those forward thinkin, history rewriters tore it down.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 10:52:40 AM »
I'm a bit late catching up on this thread, but let me offer my congrats to you Phil on the purchase of your new investment property. As long as you and your wife are working together on this project, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for the both of you. As with any older real estate purchase, there will most likely be a few "surprises" that will challenge you both. -- Good luck!!

Offline walrus

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2022, 11:57:15 AM »

I know in the past you talked about moving to Pa if you could find a spot to continue with the tool business.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2022, 03:31:13 PM »
Walrus, that is still the plan

Offline slip knot

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2022, 07:28:37 PM »
Congrats on the new property, Phil. I've always done well on my real estate investments. and as Ray said surprises are the norm in older homes. Having the wife onboard is helpful too.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2022, 09:55:50 PM »
Good luck on getting the new place fixed up and it sounds like the wife is really working hard on it. If you move near Muddy he would let you babysit so you don't get bored. :great: