Author Topic: dewalt stainless steel tumbler dkc20002tbs  (Read 3425 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
dewalt stainless steel tumbler dkc20002tbs
« on: November 18, 2021, 08:20:05 PM »
let's be honest, i am a cheapskate.  i would like to have a bunch of yeti  or other type name brand tumblers but being that i often leave the house in the morning and often am in 5 different vehicles/places by noon. the tumbler being lost in one of them and sometimes in a different township. the cheapos at walmart serve me well when i can't remember where they and need a cup of joe the next morning . i prefer to have several in the arsenal until i refind them sometimes under or through a piece of equipment.

anyway, i saw this marked 4.99 at tsc and that is way cheaper than the 10 buck ones from walmart. i price checked it at the counter as the yellow ones next to it were marked 14.99. it came up 14.99  and asked if it was marked wrong at the tag said 4.99.   i told him i would pass at 14.99 but he should check the tag. he said if it was marked 4.99 he would honor or it so he changed the price to 4.99 and home it went with me. might be worth a check at your local tsc.

the super nice lid is a bonus!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

Re: dewalt stainless steel tumbler dkc20002tbs
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 08:24:39 PM »
Nice! I remember the days when dad would be drinking some coffee and hit a bump in the road - then he was wearing his coffee. Those flow reducing lids do work well.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 12:12:27 AM »
I still use that one you sent me yonks ago.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 08:51:43 AM »
As long as a travel cup is easy to drink out of and keeps the coffee hot for an hour it is a winner. TSC will honor mismarked prices. I got a Hobart welder for over 50% when they put the clearance price sticker on the wrong box.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 10:29:42 AM »
Yeti is Still charging American made prices for Chinese made mugs, so you're probably better off with this one.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 08:20:15 AM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline muddy

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 03:06:17 PM »
The vacuum style tumbler has been around for decades. Yeti just jump in the market and jacked their prices up. It's been proven by many you tubers that cheap tumblers work just as good as yeti tumblers.

That tumbler will serve you well. I just bought a tumbler with a handle. I like it, but the base is too big to fit in my cup holders in my Oldsmobile. So now it's relegated to home use for now.

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 07:53:59 AM »
Funny as hell, not the tumbler I had in mind, opening the thread ..............
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline muddy

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 07:08:24 PM »
Funny as hell, not the tumbler I had in mind, opening the thread ..............
Same here

Sent from the twisted mind of the mudman

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 10:41:20 AM »
I've amassed several tumblers.  Since I like most of my beverages cold, they work for me.
boop/bop/beep

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2021, 05:14:04 PM »
The wife came home with a Yeti tumbler last night. She had left her travel cup in the garage when she left for work. She wanted a travel cup/tumbler to keep coffee warm while working so she raided the stash that only she has access to. The company has a stock of them to send to good customers if they spend six figures or multiples of that on a repair job.

I'm not really that impressed with the thing. The sliding tab that slides open and closed in the lid doesn't seal tight and leaks if it is tipped. The tumbler is quite heavy but has a good gripping surface. I like the Contigo tumblers we have because the drink opening seals tight and you can lay it down and it won't leak but the stainless gripping surface can be slick.

Offline walrus

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 05:54:22 AM »
I have a wal mart 2 qt SS water jug. I used it a lot when working out of a hotel, fill it with ice every morning, fill with water and it will still have ice in the next morning. On Fridays fill once again, on Sunday it will still ice in it.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 06:19:40 AM »
oops wrong tumbler LMAO
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 09:14:54 AM »
Condemned a tumbler over the weekend.  The property we just bought, the lady left 70 % of household items in it,  Nothing of great value but you could literally move in, bring food and clothes and not leave for weeks as long as you had food.  Mosty everything you need to live was left behind. 

Well there were 5 or 6 tumblers left in the cupboard, (along with a Kuerig and pods) Mama washed everything and I proceeded to test the tumblers one by one.  Most look to be advertising freebies.  I drink my coffee pretty quick so doesn't have to be mega insulated.

Well the one thing it must not do is dribble on me when drinking,  Well this one failed and it is now relegated to holding long zip ties on the bench :))

I got a bunch of zip ties in a tool box and proceeded to sort by size.  I already had a container for small and average ties, but none for long.  I normally sit them on the bench in a pringles can, soda bottle or some other vertical tube.  Couldn't find one and remembered I had just tossed the offending tumbler so now it is rightfully humiliated into wire tie dutyy :))

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 10:51:11 AM »
How is the Fatman's  new weekend villa/love nest coming along?
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 12:35:40 PM »
How is the Fatman's  new weekend villa/love nest coming along?

Slow but steady.  Mama is working in the kitchen, cleaning every square inch inside and out but is all but done.  The lady who lived there was getting old and let things go cleaning wise as far as deep cleaning.  I am working in the 1200 sq ft building getting shop set up, pricing tools and sorting through all that was left there.  I did get the shop furnace working, though I am feeding it out of a 5 gal pail as I don't trust the outside fuel tank yet.  Been sitting unused since 2010 and likely before.  I did buy a used tank to put there if needed but that will wait till better weather.  No insulation in the building so it gets heat only when I am there. 
Haven't spent the night there but am getting close.  Mama wants to clean a little more. 

Overall we are having fun with this project.  We are in no rush as the main point is for the storage  buildings for now.