Author Topic: Epstein’s latest  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Midnitemack

Epstein’s latest
« on: February 02, 2022, 02:00:54 PM »
Have you guys seen this , latest score by HJE…… be some interesting stuff come up soon in their store !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Epstein’s latest
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 02:37:17 PM »
i better not hear they were in my neck of the woods..........
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 03:07:10 PM »
That sailboat had an Ohio registration on it if that means anything. I'm sure there were plenty of good tools left behind.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 06:40:56 PM »
Man it sucks to think of all the cool stuff they're going to leave behind.

I can't think of any files being made in the US anymore and that was a lot of what looked like Simonds ( based on the red ) files, rust or not I think some evaporust could have them relatively usable again and certainly better than a crappy current import with bad short lasting steel.

I know I simply do not understand their position because I'm not running a business,  but there's so much I can't believe they're going to leave behind.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 08:04:18 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 06:43:19 PM »
Wow -- looks like war time production tools with the plain finish -- no chrome. Amazing bunch of guys --

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 07:59:46 PM »
lucky bastards.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 08:02:22 PM »
I wonder if theres a chance they could find time to pull the majority of the tools outside of the building during some good weather and have kind of a flash sale or something like that.
Just pay a nominal fee and you get whatever you can carry.
So much of this stuff is still good but just needs a little clean up and the right situation could put these tools in the hands of people willing to so.

There's gotta be a way to keep this stuff out of a scrapyard,  I mean there's so many tools here from American companies that are long gone and it would be a shame to see all this stuff scrapped.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 08:11:37 PM »
I wonder if theres a chance they could find time to pull the majority of the tools outside of the building during some good weather and have kind of a flash sale or something like that.
So much of this stuff is still good but just needs a little clean up and the right situation could put these tools in the hands of people willing to so.

There's gotta be a way to keep this stuff out of a scrapyard,  I mean there's so many tools here from American companies that are long gone and it would be a shame to see all this stuff scrapped.

I doubt that something like that is feasible. When you have boxes and boxes of the same size DBE wrench with possible rust on them how well will they sell? I also think the cadmium plated tools are going to have a narrower audience. Epstein knows what will sell and that is what they salvaged.
Maybe you can make an offer on what is left in the buildings. :great:

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 08:25:26 PM »
Great vid!

When they first walked into the place all I could think of was the warehouse from "Raiders of the Lost Ark".   :-\

I hoped they grabbed the speeders. Even if they're rusty I'd buy one or two and soak 'em in Evaporust and find a use for them.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 09:10:41 PM »

I doubt that something like that is feasible. When you have boxes and boxes of the same size DBE wrench with possible rust on them how well will they sell? I also think the cadmium plated tools are going to have a narrower audience. Epstein knows what will sell and that is what they salvaged.
Maybe you can make an offer on what is left in the buildings. :great:
That's why I'm saying pull it outside of the building on a good day and for a nominal fee people can take whatever they can carry.
I bet after holding some kind of come and get it event they would be looking at a lot less rusty tools than they might think and holding more cash than they thought possible for a bunch of rusty NOS tools.

They are looking at this from the standpoint of having to store , sort, price, and list the tools.
In that situation no it's not viable to deal with this stuff, they wouldn't make much money and it would take a long time to sell.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:12:23 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2022, 07:12:05 AM »
Have you considered the feasibility of such a task? They could not unload 25% of that if it were free. I am sure there is a lot more really worthwhile stuff to be had. I'm wondering why they bothered with the stupid boat?

My question is the profit margin 100%, and if yes. Stand by we will get some insight when it's offered.

Is old Henry honorable, does the hype fit? In it for the great unwashed to have quality American-made tools. Or just another greedy bunch with a load of BS. Frankly, I've looked at their stuff, and the pricing is not real note-worthy.

I know Steve could find room for the machines, that shaper was a jewel.

Was an amazing clip to watch, that kind of thing is everywhere. Today it's computer hardware, lots of waste, and uncontrolled purchases made. While the kickbacks keep coming, got a view of why taxes are so high, there in that one building.

I'm sure we do not have the smartest people in charge. But I am sure the cooks are.

I wonder if there's a chance they could find time to pull the majority of the tools outside of the building during some good weather and have kind of a flash sale or something like that.

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2022, 09:09:01 AM »
As a purveyor of fine used tools, the amount of work in getting those tools sold is staggering.  Some very neat old stuff but who is your market.  Modern techs want modern tools.  Yes some would sell to folks like us who like the old stuff but there just isn't that many of us out there. 

So I didn't watch the whole video, did they buy the entire warehouse, cherry pick what they wanted or just turn their backs on the deal?

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2022, 09:34:19 AM »
As a purveyor of fine used tools, the amount of work in getting those tools sold is staggering.  Some very neat old stuff but who is your market.  Modern techs want modern tools.  Yes some would sell to folks like us who like the old stuff but there just isn't that many of us out there. 

So I didn't watch the whole video, did they buy the entire warehouse, cherry pick what they wanted or just turn their backs on the deal?

they cherry picked. i think in the end they bought like 16 pallets or something to that effect. i would assume they didn't let all of the secrets out.

i can only assume they picked a bunch of nice stuff but left plenty behind.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2022, 10:42:13 AM »
They've already got some of it listed.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline walrus

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2022, 11:36:35 AM »
Cool video, I can see why they didn't take it all, no market.