Author Topic: How cold is it?  (Read 29965 times)

Offline Matt_T

Re: How cold is it?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 10:52:54 PM »
It hit 37* today which is way too cold for Miss in november. And they're calling for a high of 35* tomorrow :o

At least the minisplit is keeping up which is better than I expected.

Offline walrus

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2018, 05:36:59 AM »
Might hit single digits here tonight,  average highs right now are upper 40s, today upper 20s.  Sucks, I have 3 outdoor jobs going right now and can't complete any of them as I'm at the mercy of others having to get there shit done first. One will be going into January . Pulling wires today at one small job so I get them in before ground freezes. Another one I'm doing next tuesday but thats as far as I can go.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 06:38:29 AM »
We're supposed to get snow tomorrow with daytime temps in the mid-upper 30's. DC traffic is going to be a mad-house. Makes me glad I'm semi-retired. I don't have to fight that crap anymore.

Walrus -- I'm sorry you have to wait on other contractors to finish their work before you can plan your schedule. Being in the trades is getting more popular these days, but when you're dependent on others for prioritizing your work schedule, then that's "the shyts"

Good luck!!! 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:41:58 AM by goodfellow »

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2018, 06:47:19 AM »
It's currently a Balmy 21.... with a high of 31 predicted.     I'm still only wearing a hoodie....  no need to break out the Carhartt yet.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2018, 07:59:22 AM »
Wow Walrus, getting cold quick up north.  Have you guys had an extremely wet year like we have down here?  We will likely set an annual record for rainfall on Thursday with over a month to go in the year

Offline Rusty

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2018, 09:05:04 AM »
28 right now they were calling for 36 30 today. Forecast calls for wintery mix tonight around an inch of snow and ice .
"Those wars are unjust which are undertaken without provocation.
 For only a war waged for revenge or defense can be just"

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline walrus

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »
Wow Walrus, getting cold quick up north.  Have you guys had an extremely wet year like we have down here?  We will likely set an annual record for rainfall on Thursday with over a month to go in the year
My pond was down 5 ft a month ago, its overflowing now. We had a beautiful summer, about the middle of october that all changed. Rain and cold since then

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2018, 07:20:15 AM »
We have the white death just starting today.  Likely won't amount to much but I bet traffic will be bad

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2018, 07:38:04 AM »
I have about 1" on the ground as of 08:35, and still coming down strong. Roads are a mess, and my wife reported that the grocery store shelves were bare last night. Typical first snow conditions in the DC area; everyone panics!

Glad I'm not part of the morning commute anymore --

Offline muddy

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2018, 11:23:39 AM »
Snowing pretty heavy here too at lunch time. Also high of 29 right now, it's chilly.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2018, 11:30:41 AM »
We have the white death just starting today.  Likely won't amount to much but I bet traffic will be bad

Well I was wrong.  About 2 inches down and still snowing, roads are terrible and traffic, well I was right about that

Offline mdlbldrmatt135

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2018, 11:59:07 AM »
Calling for 3-6" of the white stuff...  Started about an hour ago.

Offline highland512

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »
It wasnt cold enough at the house (west central Ohio). We had about 3/8-1/2 of freezing rain this morning. I though I was being smart by putting the truck in the barn but the ice froze the barn doors shut. Finally at noon I was able to pry them open, I wish this had been snow. 

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2018, 01:35:01 PM »
It is 33 degrees and snowing now which is the first for us this year. It is a wet heavy snow that we call Sierra cement. I'll have to shovel it all off when it quits or it will turn to solid ice tonight as the temps drop into the low teens and possibly single digits. The ski resorts have been getting snow for almost 2 weeks now so they are happy to be building a good base.

Offline Rural53

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2018, 02:38:14 AM »
It is supposed to be summer here but it has been  raining for three weeks! 180mm (7") of rain over the weekend. Temperatures ranging from 60f overnight to 75 in the day.