Author Topic: Those bastards ( a place to Express price gouging frustration )  (Read 3825 times)

Offline slip knot

Re: Those bastards ( a place to Express price gouging frustration )
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2020, 05:39:06 PM »
Salt is flavor to a lot of foods. My wife cooks salt free and some of it just doesn't taste right. Thats why a lot of the restraunt food taste so good, salt.

I usually buy popcorn when the boy scouts are selling it. But I make them sell it to me. Engage them in conversation so they have to tell me why their popcorn is better than store bought etc. The wife gives me hell about it but its all in good fun. Then I take it to work and feed the troops. I might eat a bag a year.

Offline muddy

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2020, 09:28:21 PM »
i can understand your frustration. there is bad microwave popcorn and then there is better microwave popcorn.

every now and then i get a hankering for real popcorn. real popcorn is made with oil. better yet make some bacon and use the bacon grease to make popcorn on the stove with an old fashioned popper...........mmmmmmm..........
On the stove is how we make popcorn in our house. I'll definitely have to try the bacon grease trick!!!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Offline ron350

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 09:47:07 PM »
Don’t care how you pop it fresh popcorn just smells and tastes so good.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2020, 10:47:18 PM »
Notice a bar of soap some time, almost 50% smaller
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 11:09:05 PM »
I pretty much only eat air popped anymore but haven't had any in a while as my wife tossed the air popper in disgust as she doesn't like it. I hate to admit it but the grossing her out part makes it taste all the better. Not a big fan of microwave but a plain variety of O. Redenbacher is not bad (sorry OP). I don't add salt to anything ever so I am used to the taste of things the way they taste. That goes to the air popped I don't salt it or add butter just eat it as popped and it's actually pretty good and has a subtle sweet taste once you get used to not having the salt and butter tastes added to it.

I watch these cooking shows and am horrified by how much salt these folks dump into their cooking. I like Anne Burrell but she is like salt junkie and I expect to see an Anne Burrell shaped salt pillar similar to Lots wife one day and Scott Conant must work for the salt lobby. It sometimes seems he likes equal parts food and salt.
Last Christmas I got this Salbree ( might be spelling it wrong ) silicon microwave popcorn popper and it works really well.
Just fill to the line, put the lid loosely in the bowl, and put it in the microwave.
Works just as well as the air popper I have but it's not noisy.

I have no clue where they bought it, but they shop on Amazon a lot so it's a likely suspect.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline walrus

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2020, 03:26:33 AM »
I always popped it in pan on stove when I ate popcorn. Instead of oil, use a stick of butter in pan. Butter and corn in pan, high heat, butter will turn brown and then corn will pop. Every kernel coated with brown butter. Its good. Used to buy hot peppers in oil, use the oil to  pop corn. Spicy popcorn was excellent also.

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2020, 07:29:47 PM »
The only way to fix popcorn...

My grandson was shocked that there was a way other than the microwave when he first saw me use it.

Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline ken w.

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2020, 11:27:00 AM »
Yup.   :93: