Author Topic: Tru-Fit wrench  (Read 2056 times)

Offline bonneyman

Tru-Fit wrench
« on: November 12, 2020, 03:50:13 PM »
I found a Tru-Fit DBE wrench recently, and am wondering about it. Looks to be quality construction, and the plating is nice. Shorty, deep offset 12 point in 1/2" x 9/16". (I tend to collect 1/2 x 9/16   :-[)

Are these worth collecting? I don't need another set - my Indestro shorty's are more than up to the task. But if they're common enough I might try to make a set up to 3/4". Since I'm so lazy I figured I'd just ask you guys instead of hunting a pecking around the internet.   :hee20hee20hee:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:52:15 PM by bonneyman »

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Tru-Fit wrench
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 04:32:29 PM »
There are plenty of collectors for "Tru Fit Lectrolite" stamped wrenches, but I don't know whether that wrench is from the actual Lectrolite era, or a later cheaper (budget) Tru-Fit version (i.e. without the Lectrolite stamping), and whether those budget tools are collectible or not.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 05:34:38 PM »
I've found that the shorties have a limited size in their sets for DBE. Usually grouped to be a set of 3. The size smaller and larger than what you have. I've not seen a 3/4 shorty other than in a combo stubby set.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 05:50:00 PM »
I've found that the shorties have a limited size in their sets for DBE. Usually grouped to be a set of 3. The size smaller and larger than what you have. I've not seen a 3/4 shorty other than in a combo stubby set.

OK that lines up with what I just found on ebay. There's one smaller and one larger. Ending at 11/16".

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 07:37:46 PM »
that would have went home with me as well!  ;)
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 09:07:27 PM »
that would have went home with me as well!  ;)

Tool crack is a bad drug.  :a102:

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 10:05:34 PM »
I might have that exact same wrench myself. I have a few of the brand that look as that one does. All were bought used and I have used various ones of them through the years. Quality is fine and they work well. I do not consider them junk or they would not be in my box. I do not know that I would choose to collect them though. They are not showgirls by any means. But they are good workers.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!