Author Topic: logica tool 3/8 hextension  (Read 13868 times)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
logica tool 3/8 hextension
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:24:48 PM »
i am usually not a big fan of gimicks or tools that try and reinvent the wheel but here is one i like.

the guy that came up with this one was hanging out at the journal and promoted it there. a basic 3/8 extension is just that. some have a little knurl and some have a wobble end but not much different about that. the hextension has  a 12mm  hex running the full length of the shaft until it reaches the drive end. it then has a knurled ring  plus a larger 16 mm hex beyond it. the longer one has a smaller diameter in the middle that would allow a box end wrench to be repositioned.

i really like to use these. not that i am a big fan of using a wrench to steady or turn an extension but it is there if needed. it adds something extra to turn amd grip like the knurling does. it also helps prevent them from rolling or sliding away in many situations. they were not cheap. i pre ordered them for around 40 or 50 bucks if i recall. i am sure the price killed them but  they are very well made and do make some jobs easier.

last time i looked you could still order them  but have never seen them for sale anywhere else.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

Re: logica tool 3/8 hextension
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:46:24 PM »
Hmmm. Interesting features. 

I definitely like the knurled grip ring. ;D

Offline muddy

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 04:32:19 PM »
Looks to me the length kinda defeats the purpose?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 08:26:03 PM »
I picked up a set of 3 W+ extensions in 3/8" and the guys had just started brainstorming the forum.

They basically added hex shape to what I bought.  A good idea I guess but the need never hit me. 

A cool idea for minimalist kits but a hefty price tag for it.  I am kind of suprised the idea was not scooped up by some borg yet. 

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 09:15:00 PM »
I picked up a set of 3 W+ extensions in 3/8" and the guys had just started brainstorming the forum.

They basically added hex shape to what I bought.  A good idea I guess but the need never hit me. 

A cool idea for minimalist kits but a hefty price tag for it.  I am kind of suprised the idea was not scooped up by some borg yet.

Yeah, it's sort of like the hex shank on some screwdrivers. I've never used a wrench on a screwdriver.

Online J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 09:27:37 PM »

Yeah, it's sort of like the hex shank on some screwdrivers. I've never used a wrench on a screwdriver.

I have. Not frequently but on occasion it has come in handy. A lot of used drivers have plier marks on the handles so someone needed a bolster at some point.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 09:39:40 PM »
Just about all my screwdrivers have wrench/pliers marks and some even have hammer wounds on the handle end. All part of gulf coast living... Rust!

Offline 3bay

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 10:56:06 PM »

Thank you Bman. I’ll take all the credit for that knurled ring.  If you go back to the original thread, they added it after seeking input and I suggested it. Still waiting at the mailbox every day for my check.  :))

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 06:37:32 AM »

Thank you Bman. I’ll take all the credit for that knurled ring.  If you go back to the original thread, they added it after seeking input and I suggested it. Still waiting at the mailbox every day for my check.  :))

No kidding? I'd be suggesting they go back, see your recommendation, and compensate you.   >:D

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 06:39:11 AM »
Just about all my screwdrivers have wrench/pliers marks and some even have hammer wounds on the handle end. All part of gulf coast living... Rust!

No plier marks on my drivers but I do beat on them regularly. 

Here's new verses "personalized". ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:40:42 AM by bonneyman »

Snaparxon

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 10:53:12 PM »
The Hextension guy just popped in over on the Journal after a couple year absence.... Is SK a shill  :-\ ^-^

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 08:57:32 AM »
The Hextension guy just popped in over on the Journal after a couple year absence.... Is SK a shill  :-\ ^-^
i wish! :D
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 10:06:17 AM »
At 50 bananas a pop with OEM sourced products shilling for them could be lucrative.  Low overhead and no warehouse/office expenses just sweetens the bottom line. 

I am going to run a service based biz on those rules.  Pay just a telephone and transport if need be, tools all long since paid for and profitable.
     Just me on payroll....   

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 07:14:15 PM »

They seem to be hammering the guy over there about the tool. Not really something I'd use but geez, give an inventor a break!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2018, 08:54:01 AM »

They seem to be hammering the guy over there about the tool. Not really something I'd use but geez, give an inventor a break!

That is the problem with the Journal, too many guys like to bitch and then the dog pile starts.  Likely none of them ever invented or tried to market a new idea. 

As to the price, it is likely too high to generate the volume needed to get production to a level to lower the price so they would sell.  Terrible catch 22 for a small business guy