Author Topic: Kudos to SK Tool Co. -- They stand behind their product  (Read 2633 times)

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Kudos to SK Tool Co. -- They stand behind their product
« on: May 10, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »
I'm on the road this morning, but was pleasantly surprised to get a pic from home to show that SK Tool Co. had replaced the 1970s vintage 19mm and 18mm 1/2" drive sockets that were broken a few weeks back. I didn't think they would, being that the SK of old is no longer under the same ownership, and that the quality of the product is much better now than during the dark period of that time.

I respect that Ideal Industries honors the warranty -- I sent the sockets to the company three weeks ago, and they showed up postage paid at my door this morning.

I'm a regular customer now! I will order a screw driver set when I get back. Thank you SK and Ideal Industries  :-*

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 10:25:50 AM by goodfellow »

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Kudos to SK Tool Co. -- They stand behind their product
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 10:12:45 AM »
No surprise here. Sk has had its tough times and taken it's heat. Most mfgs have. Not always the best but they are e doing it the oldfashioned way, taking care of customers.

from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline highland512

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 03:56:55 PM »
This has been my experience as of late with SK as well. Busted a 17mm 70's socket and it was replaced no questions asked and I got a sweet SK sticker from the local dealer.

Also glad I picked up some good fire sale deals on Ch. 3 after the last bankruptcy announcement.  :P

Offline ken w.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 10:43:23 PM »
Everything I've sent in for warranty has been replaced with new. The only disappointment was when I sent in a roto head ratchet and they sent me back a flex head ratchet as replacement. But , I'm not going to complain about it. Great customer service.

Offline highland512

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 07:37:54 AM »
Word on the street is SK is bringing the roto head back.

Offline Hootbro

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 08:05:50 AM »
SK has sent me ratchet rebuild kits just on my word request alone by email without having to send anything in.