Author Topic: Replace it all....  (Read 5284 times)

Online walrus

Re: Replace it all....
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 05:28:24 AM »
I think its amazing you keep that thing going. How many miles a year do you drive?  Way cheaper than a new car payment and as long as its safe who cares what it looks like. We need pics of it getting the new parts.

Offline muddy

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2020, 09:45:58 PM »

I think its amazing you keep that thing going. How many miles a year do you drive?  Way cheaper than a new car payment and as long as its safe who cares what it looks like. We need pics of it getting the new parts.

I put on 60 miles a day M-F. That's the beauty of it. Its ugly as hell, but only has very little rust and it's very mechanically solid for its age. I'm gonna be sad when it finally gives up the goat. It doesn't owe me a penny.

I've got pictures to do a write up. I'm waiting on the timing belt to get here and I'll zipper back up.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 10:00:44 PM »
It's paid for and it's reliable. In my book that's a keeper. Spend the money to maintain it, and it will surprise you how many miles you get out of these old Plymouth Sundance models. I think all of them had Japanese engines at the time (maybe Mitsubishi)

I had the same issue with my Isuzu Rodeo. Owned it 23 years and drove it every day as my work vehicle. I maintained it and it took care of me. Finally had to let it go when the rust was just too far in the frame to fix it.