Author Topic: TP shortages again  (Read 4437 times)

Offline DeadNutz

TP shortages again
« on: November 16, 2020, 08:11:13 PM »
They are having runs shortages on toilet paper in Reno. I didn't see if our Costco was out on Saturday but they were out of Lysol spray cans so good thing we stocked up on items a couple of weeks ago. People are driving from CA to here to try and get supplies. The Covid spike is to blame they say.

Offline bonneyman

Re: TP shortages again
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 08:26:29 PM »
Maybe people use the crapper more when there's a virus floating around?  :lol_hitting:

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 10:29:00 PM »
Yep the local Albertsons sold out by 8 am sunday just after the shit head gov said he was shutting things down.
Just boggles the mind on how stupid people can be. :lol_hitting:
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 10:50:59 PM »
... Just boggles the mind on how stupid people can be. :lol_hitting:

Yeah there is no bottom to the stupid barrel but at least their butts are clean.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 11:19:52 PM »
Reminds of this add but it`s not their teeth that have the shinny finish!!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2020, 11:39:19 PM »
Lint licker! :D :D :D
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 09:10:46 AM »
You guys have to stop using 30 sheets per wipe.  :93:  My girlfriend says you only need 4 sheets per poop. I glad I still have a closet full from the last TP hoarding event. There has been no Lysol in my area since the last panic .

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 09:26:21 AM »
You guys have to stop using 30 sheets per wipe.  :93:  My girlfriend says you only need 4 sheets per poop. I glad I still have a closet full from the last TP hoarding event. There has been no Lysol in my area since the last panic .

LOL ---- Take your girlfriend over to the Taco Palace and have the Grande' platter -- within 24 hours I'll bet she'd change her mind about that "4 sheets per poop" rule.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 10:07:51 AM »
How hard is it to grab a spare 12 roll package of TP when there's no emergency on? Store it under the stairs with those light bulbs and cans of spam.

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 11:41:45 AM »
Maybe people use the crapper more when there's a virus floating around?  :lol_hitting:

When someone sneezes everybody within earshot shits themselves :lol_hitting:

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2020, 02:22:16 PM »

Remember, a lot more waste is being generated and dumped at home these days instead of going down the company's crappers!   Guess what I'm doing now?!  :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 03:14:37 PM »
Came back from Costco a few days ago. There was plenty of TP, but almost no Costco brand Kirkland paper towels or facial tissue . They still have a limit of one package each, but it's the paper towels and facial tissue that are scarce around here. Not sure why that is, but I notice the same thing at Walmart the other day as well. Strange!!!!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 03:52:21 PM »
Came back from Costco a few days ago. There was plenty of TP, but almost no Costco brand Kirkland paper towels or facial tissue . They still have a limit of one package each, but it's the paper towels and facial tissue that are scarce around here. Not sure why that is, but I notice the same thing at Walmart the other day as well. Strange!!!!

Maybe it is because they steal all their TP at their gov't job. We are well stocked on the sanitizing essentials since we have buying some whenever we find it on the shelves. The hardest item to find has been the cans of Lysol spray but we have about 10 cans or so.

Offline walrus

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »
Can't find paper products in Maine either, I wonder if Bidet manufacturers are cashing on Covid :D I did find hand sanitizer for 9.90 a gallon, so I bought 2 gallons

Offline slip knot

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2020, 06:55:25 PM »
Didn't they learn anything from the last wuhan scare??

As we say at work" just when you think you've idiot proofed something, they come out with the new and improved idiot"

Kinda like the current ammo drought. I guess the right wing hoardes ammo and the left hoards TP. 

Offline ken w.

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 07:23:07 PM »
  I went to Target tonight. Not a single sheet of TP or paper towels.  Went to Walmart on Saturday evening and bought 2 bulk packs of 22 ammo.

Offline bmwrd0

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 08:42:25 PM »
Went and picked up a couple dozen rolls today. Figure it can't hurt to have a few extra rolls around.

Offline muddy

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 09:04:41 PM »
Yep same here no paper towels. Everyone is getting ready for another lock down.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline highland512

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2020, 07:50:13 AM »
The last TP shortage blew my mind, this one dose not surprise me. I still wonder through, why TP?

My plan B is taking every roll from every hotel room I stay in, Im up to 20 partial rolls  >:D

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2020, 11:57:02 AM »
Local BJ's wholesale as been out of Charmin and Bounty for a month.  I stopped in about a month ago and saw 3 folks in the paper aisle looking lost and disoriented, the would pick up a lessor brand, look at it for a moment, set it down and amber over to another lessor brand and repeat.  I found it funny till I did the same thing :))

I am exceedingly brand loyal to Charmin and Bounty, am always disappointed when I use something else :91:

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 03:17:09 PM »
Local BJ's wholesale as been out of Charmin and Bounty for a month.  I stopped in about a month ago and saw 3 folks in the paper aisle looking lost and disoriented, the would pick up a lessor brand, look at it for a moment, set it down and amber over to another lessor brand and repeat.  I found it funny till I did the same thing :))

I am exceedingly brand loyal to Charmin and Bounty, am always disappointed when I use something else :91:

Is one of the Charmin bears named Phil? :lol_hitting:

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 04:09:30 PM »
Just got back from Walmart -- needed some oil and brake cleaner. Just for the heck of it we stopped by the paper products aisle -- No Bueno! Every quality bit of TP and paper towel brand was gone. There were a few generic Walmart Value brand items, but even they were down to the last few bundles.

It's just amazing what's going on right now. I told my wife that we better go shopping for Thanksgiving items this weekend, because chances are that next week will be a total "Cluster$%#*"

Offline Matt_T

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 04:41:13 PM »
It's just amazing what's going on right now. I told my wife that we better go shopping for Thanksgiving items this weekend, because chances are that next week will be a total "Cluster$%#*"

The Turkeyday Cluster$%#* will start Friday. Best to go shopping tomorrow if you can make the time.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 05:05:18 PM »
Here is another option for TP.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 05:27:49 PM »
I hadn't heard any reports of shortages around the country so it was a surprise to see it is so widespread again. I had heard there might be a shortage of certain food items such as canned goods. Our Walmart in town has been hit or miss on how well they are stocked but then aisles have many boxes stacked up blocking the road so it might be not enough stock people to keep up with the demand.

Offline muddy

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2020, 07:57:25 PM »
The last TP shortage blew my mind, this one dose not surprise me. I still wonder through, why TP?

My plan B is taking every roll from every hotel room I stay in, Im up to 20 partial rolls  >:D
Why TP?

Because if the fear of lockdown and not being able to leave the house. Just like the whole milk and eggs thing during a snowstorm.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 08:41:10 PM »
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sheeple

Baaaaah

Hope Rural doesn't get excited.

Offline highland512

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 07:46:54 AM »
Just got back from Walmart -- needed some oil and brake cleaner. Just for the heck of it we stopped by the paper products aisle -- No Bueno! Every quality bit of TP and paper towel brand was gone. There were a few generic Walmart Value brand items, but even they were down to the last few bundles.

I have been hearing of people having trouble finding Turkeys. Ham is better anyways.