Author Topic: Ill never drink apple juice again...  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Ill never drink apple juice again...
« on: November 22, 2020, 09:50:58 PM »
So i was in hospital a few weeks ago and since promedica is soft drink free all i had with my meals was juices grape.prune, apple,cranberry etc well i drank apple juice and i noticed i lost a few lbs well yesterday i bought two half gallons of it to see if i could substitute it for pop. I drank a half gallon by mid afternoon (usually 4-5mountain dews) so my stomach started making noises i go to bathroom.....once.....twice...three times.. Omg i think im gonna die cause i cant stop going. Someone later tells me apple juice is a laxative. Ill never touch this demon piss again.

Thats my horror story whats yours?

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Ill never drink apple juice again...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 09:58:50 PM »
well i don't have that story but i will keep that in my future reference bin.  :08:

someday a little demon juice to get things moving may come in handy. :))
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 10:01:59 PM »
well i don't have that story but i will keep that in my future reference bin.  :08:

someday a little demon juice to get things moving may come in handy. :))
to quote jeff foxworthy (i could legally declare whats coming out of me as mountain spring water) .... Good thing im stocked on tp but after today i want a warm water badet lol

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 04:03:05 AM »
I used to drink a lot of diet soda.  I went to a counselor to help with my anxiety and one of the first things she asked me was how much water I drank.  Your body needs water as it is made up of about 60% water and that needs replenishing.  Soda, coffee, tea will make you lose water.  She asked me to drink a large glass of water with every meal and I  got into that habit. Made a difference, lessened my anxiety and helped me think cleaner.

I still drink some soda and coffee , just a whole lot less.  Don't do a lot of juice as its high in calories.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 04:57:31 PM »
CC, you crave the caffeine in Dew, not the quantity of liquids.

Guzzle ten gallons of any juice and it won't satisfy the craving, but it would be one hell of a sugar high.

It's a mild addiction most can break with willpower and time.  But why fix what really isn't broken?
Just moderate the Dew with other things not quite so medicinal like apple juice.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 05:08:17 PM »
CC, you crave the caffeine in Dew, not the quantity of liquids.

Guzzle ten gallons of any juice and it won't satisfy the craving, but it would be one hell of a sugar high.

It's a mild addiction most can break with willpower and time.  But why fix what really isn't broken?
Just moderate the Dew with other things not quite so medicinal like apple juice.
possibally. I think ill start buying lemonade. Cause i want something flavorfull but not full of sugar

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 05:58:31 PM »
With commercial offerings you never know what else might be in with the juice. Preservatives, pesticides, etc. I saw a vid of a guy who revealed his meat soak he does to raw meat before cooking. Geez you would not believe the crap that came out in the water after only a few minutes! Turned it a grayish color.  :-\  Said he does it for fruits and veggies, too.

P.S. Found it again!
https://www.brighteon.com/6b494610-c985-4212-ac7e-b2de6a3cba4a

I do sun tea from herbal tea bags in the back yard. When temps are over 100 deg a 6 hour brew makes a nice tea. Then you refrigerate it and have something cold, flavorful, no caffeine or sugar - and easier to drink than plain water. I don't like every flavor but alot of the ones from this company are quite nice.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 06:04:56 PM by bonneyman »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 07:48:23 PM »
 I drink water and coffee daily and sometimes tea or club soda or sparkling waters. I don't miss the sodas or the beer at all. I get no daily sugar intake from what I drink other than the half and half I use in my coffee. I do have juices once in a while but a small glass.

Offline Rewind

• Howdy Folks!
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 12:11:52 PM »
So i was in hospital a few weeks ago and since promedica is soft drink free all i had with my meals was juices grape.prune, apple,cranberry etc well i drank apple juice and i noticed i lost a few lbs well yesterday i bought two half gallons of it to see if i could substitute it for pop. I drank a half gallon by mid afternoon (usually 4-5mountain dews) so my stomach started making noises i go to bathroom.....once.....twice...three times.. Omg i think im gonna die cause i cant stop going. Someone later tells me apple juice is a laxative. Ill never touch this demon piss again.

Thats my horror story whats yours?

A few years ago I heard the same thing about grapefruit juice, helps lose weight. Gave it a try with the same results.
Hanging in, Hanging on, Hanging out!

Offline muddy

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 10:53:53 PM »
If your looking for something with sweetness and flavor look in to dirt green tea. No sugar, very little caffeine, it'll take a bit getting used to  the taste but it's healthier then soda.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 01:48:14 PM »
Big water drinker here. I used to also drink a lot of coffee, but last years illness fixed that. These days mainly water, V-8 juice and a cup of coffee now and then. Almost no soda. I do love lemonade in the summer though.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 03:49:59 PM »
So they named these cookies after you then?
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 04:39:01 PM »
So they named these cookies after you then?
close very close.  :))